Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's so sad to see kids who are so fat!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I was out today and saw a fat woman and the three kids who were with her were just so fat. The 12 year old looking boy looked like he was pushing 200, The 7 or 8 year old girl looked like she was about 100. She didn't even look like she could run.  There was another little girl that was huge too. It's just so sad to see kids that big! And I know people will try to say oh maybe its health problems or osmething but no. They were eating pizza. This is the worlds problem... instead of saying hey stop feeding your kid crap make them eat healthy we coddle the fat kids and they stay fat. I care about my daughter being healthy. Of course I let her have junk and fun stuff but I always make her eat healthy and exercise and she plays sports. How could people let their kids get so fat? They don't start out that way and the parents control what they eat.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Replies (491-495):
soon2bmomof2grs
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:53 PM

My 3 year old is 30 pounds, has been since she was almost 2 years old, she is also the height of a normal 4 year old, and she actually isn't 3 till the 22nd. She is no where near overweight and has always been in the 50% range for weight her height would put her in the 90th. She loves her vegetables and fruits. What always gets me is people say things about others, but what is your definition of 'fat' I know you gave the weight that you thought they were pushing, but it might actually be a lot less. People thought I weighed a lot less then I actually did because I had boobs and it took up more space then my stomach.

List of reasons kids 'get' fat: Being inside inactive, lazy parents, parents work so they can't go out, parents have little money - 30$ can get you around 30 TV dinners while 30$ can feed a family of 4 for a single day if you eat healthier + fast food is about 3$ a person - hamburger, fries and drink, restaurants are about 10$ each, lack of things to do in the area - we have to 'break in' to the school playground or catch a bus/walk 3 miles to a park, we lived by a boy who was told he could not go outside to play he could only stay inside and half the family was big-big... There are tons of reasons. I also hate seeing stick children, who you actually wanna throw a McDonalds burger at with an extra large order of fries. I know a few who 'starve' their kids so they won't get fat. Sorry but a 10 year old should not weigh 30 - 40 pounds. You shouldn't put them on ADHD medication so they don't want to eat and have parents asking why they are so zombie like at gymnastics.

Jessybear87
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:52 PM

I'm big, but I actually DO have a medical reason (PCOS) I was a tiny child until I hit puberty, then my body was like a water balloon, and grew, even when I never touched 'bad foods'. My kids though are perfectly sized but I'm worried I have passed on PCOS to my daughters. 

bmcandmmh
by Michelle on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I work the lunch room at an elementary school and it is pathetic parents of obese children pack multiple sandwiches. And if the kids get hot lunch they will say they are still hungry and eat the free lunch too because we could get sued for telling them no. It's ridiculous. They can't run. They can't play.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was out today and saw a fat woman and the three kids who were with her were just so fat. The 12 year old looking boy looked like he was pushing 200, The 7 or 8 year old girl looked like she was about 100. She didn't even look like she could run.  There was another little girl that was huge too. It's just so sad to see kids that big! And I know people will try to say oh maybe its health problems or osmething but no. They were eating pizza. This is the worlds problem... instead of saying hey stop feeding your kid crap make them eat healthy we coddle the fat kids and they stay fat. I care about my daughter being healthy. Of course I let her have junk and fun stuff but I always make her eat healthy and exercise and she plays sports. How could people let their kids get so fat? They don't start out that way and the parents control what they eat.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweeetPeaa
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I agree. I was at the doctor's office last week, this lady comes in, must be like 230+ pounds, and she TOO had three children with her. Her two kids were FAT. She had one of her children, she was holding. After they sat down next to us, one of them asks their mom if after she could get them a milkshake, she said no. The two children whined "why noooot" -.- It's gross. It's unhealthy. If people are going to get butthurt over the truth about how being overweight is just foul, then that sucks for them. Whether you like to sit there and say "oh, don't judge, you don't know their stories". What story can they possibly have?! o.o Money? Well, I don't have a lot of money, and yet, I know when to put the fork down, and eat healthy meals. Using money and living situations is an excuse. Period. Point. Blank. It's not fair to the child, either, to show them all of the unhealthy food choices, that will stick with them for life. Junk here and there, that's not a problem. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:36 PM

My daughter is overweight due to medicine that she takes currently to balance her hormones out.  She eats healthy and exercises quite often.  She is top heavy but, she is very beautiful.  I think those of you who are being "judgemental" about those who are "overweight" need to be careful. You could be fat yourself one day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)