Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this just me, or is this inappropriate?

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:46 PM
  • 60 Replies
I have spent the past few days with dd in the hospital. She has Influenza B and pneumonia. This is further complicated by the fact that she has extensive special needs and seizures. I have not slept much at all and spend most of my time talking to the constant flow of nurses, respiratory therapists, residents, etc. I am just now relaxing after she had a successful NG tube placement.

I received a text from my ex husband stating that he gave my number to his new girlfriend because she was worried about Ciara. She's been texting me with questions.

That would be sweet but they have only been dating a few months and she doesn't even know my daughter. Exdh doesnt take her at all for visitation because he cannot handle her care and admits he angers when she cries.

It seems like bad form for her to be texting me. I have a lot on my plate and only want to update immediate family.

It just seems odd to me. I wouldn't dream of doing something like that. I haven't been rude, I just don't understand their thought process. I don't dislike her, it just feels a bit awkward.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I would have told ex I do not feel comfortable talking about Ciara with your new girlfriend. The end. And btw I hope your dd is ok.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd let her know I appreciate her concern, but it's a tough time right now and you are focusing on your dd. don't get upset when I don't text you.
jillbailey26
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:49 PM
3 moms liked this

She's trying to care, so I wouldn't fault her for that.  She just has really poor timing.  Just tell her "I don't want to be rude, but I'm really stressed out.  Can we talk about this another time?"  And let it be.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:49 PM
3 moms liked this

The girlfriend may be wanting to let you know that despite the fact your ex doesn't take her that she has interest in her well being.  I do think it is poor timing and bad form, but I think her intentions may be good.  She just doesn't know how to execute in a way that doesn't seem odd.  Of course, it is one of those situations where you don't know what is the "right" way to handle things.  She may truly have interest and care and maybe it would make her feel guilty to not approach it or address it with you in some way.

MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:49 PM
I agree.

I sincerely hope for a fast recovery for your DD.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

I would have told ex I do not feel comfortable talking about Ciara with your new girlfriend. The end. And btw I hope your dd is ok.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Just be firm and polite.   "I appreciate your concern, but I'm so busy and worn out right now.   I'll update exdh when I can."

kayla4507
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I would have told him, its your gf, you update her. 

pudgepocalypse
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Very poor form
sheepinarowboat
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh heck no she did not!  I'd be blasting her for harrassing you during such a difficult time and tell her if her Daddy wants information on his daughter then he can call or text himself.  Oh here's an idea.....GO to the hospital and be with his little girl.  Novel idea I know.

40sandPreg
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:51 PM
That's immature of him, well her for asking him! They don't even have a relationship.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)