Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Toddler not eating? Help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Some days my toddler will go all day without eating or she'll eat a couple of bites. Other days all she does is it.
I don't like that she goes without eating. We are on day 2 of a no-eating binge. I did get her to eat a couple bites of soup a moment ago.
Is there anything I can do to get her to eat/make sure she has her nutrients?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Have you talked to your Ped?  Maybe she has a food aversion or other problem.  Both of my kids have always loved to eat.

soulofsunmama
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:00 PM
She will not starve herself no matter what...they slow down growth at this age, and don't need as many calories. My 17 month has pretty much been living on blueberries and broccoli for the last week. Don't stress.
Offer plenty of water, and food, she'll eat when she's ready.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:00 PM
No. She usually eats but then she goes on these little binges of not wanting to eat/eating very little. I'm still offering the same foods that I know she likes.

Quoting spunky946:

Have you talked to your Ped?  Maybe she has a food aversion or other problem.  Both of my kids have always loved to eat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:01 PM
I'm a first time mom, so it is normal?

Quoting soulofsunmama:

She will not starve herself no matter what...they slow down growth at this age, and don't need as many calories. My 17 month has pretty much been living on blueberries and broccoli for the last week. Don't stress.

Braydens..Mommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:02 PM
My toddler does the same thing. Some days all he does is eat, other days he may have a small bite, maybe two, and that is it for the day. The pedi assures me this is normal
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Yeah, it's normal.  They all do it.  I've got four, and trust me - a toddler will eat what they need when they need it.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Try some of that pediasure stuff. I gave it to my DD when shr did thr same thing. She loved it. It gave her vitamins and all that stuff they need.
momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting soulofsunmama:

This. It is the nature of the toddler beast. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Ok, I don't feel so worried now. Thanks ladies!!
MADMomma1975a
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Also, she might need to poo.  I know that when my little man hasn't gone in a while - after he passes a rather large log, he's famished and eats non-stop.  But yea - I get the concern it drives me crazy too.  Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)