Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I went to a few Occupy L.A. protests.... (Pic Heavy)

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:14 PM
  • 16 Replies
3 moms liked this

I was just looking through some of my old pictures and found some from the occupy protests... The media made it seem like it was all a bunch of stupid entitled kids just out for a good time and to cause trouble...No one really having a point as to why they were there.... But that's not what I found when I got there. I found a lot of middle class, responsible people, elderly women, war veterans, Doctors, and nurses that all just wanted to see some change. 

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livelaughlov26
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:15 PM
I love the last one with the guy with dreads
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
addiecakesmommy

Wow, great shots!

skittlefart

I like that last one :) 

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Vixcalamity
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Awesome. I stay away from political things but the pictures are neat. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LectioDivina
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Quoting addiecakesmommy:

Wow, great shots!

Thank You :)

LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I love how the last guy has his hand on his crotch. Am I the only pervert to notice this?

*If you took these, you are one good photographer!

ElitestJen
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Beautiful pictures, but the Occupy protests were a bunch of entitled brats - regardless of their professions.

LectioDivina
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

I love how the last guy has his hand on his crotch. Am I the only pervert to notice this?

*If you took these, you are one good photographer!

Thank you, I did take them :)

LectioDivina
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Quoting ElitestJen:

Beautiful pictures, but the Occupy protests were a bunch of entitled brats - regardless of their professions.

I didn't actually see them asking for anything besides the same health care that all other 1st world countries get and more jobs...

ElitestJen
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Quoting LectioDivina:

Quoting ElitestJen:

I didn't actually see them asking for anything besides the same health care that all other 1st world countries get and more jobs...

They were asking for all kinds of things.  Free healthcare, student loan forgiveness, higher wages.  And for some reason, they've all forgotten that jobs are created by people just like them.  If you need a job and can't find one - you can create yourself one.

Regarding the health care that all other first world countries get, we're not those other countries.  We have more rights than those other countries. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)