Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dating a widower

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Yes or no?

I met a man a few weeks ago and he told me last night he's a widower. His wife has been dead for about a year. No children. It makes me a little nervous...
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:38 PM

WHY would you be nervous?  You think he killed her?

If you like him give it a few casual dates and see what happens.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Why would you be nervous? Of course I would, especially since he has no children.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Sure. Just be prepared. He was in love with the woman that died. Never expect him to totally "be over it". I was widowed in 2006, and I have had this issue. Some people expect me to never miss him, and to be totally over him which will never happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Lol. No she had cancer. Idk I just keep thinking if he will always be comparing us. It's not like a break up. She was taken from him.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

LiDoMama
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:41 PM
If I was single, I'm sure I would. He probably truly needs to go out and have some fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Exactly.

Quoting ColleenF30:

Sure. Just be prepared. He was in love with the woman that died. Never expect him to totally "be over it". I was widowed in 2006, and I have had this issue. Some people expect me to never miss him, and to be totally over him which will never happen.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:47 PM

He also can never get her back and he knows that. Life moves on, and he is too. There is really nothing to fear. Well only if you would say things like "get over it, or some crap like that. I have dropped guys for that reason. The man I am with now understands, and lets me talk as I need to. It can be hard to move on after a death. The most cruel part is life doesn't stop.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol. No she had cancer. Idk I just keep thinking if he will always be comparing us. It's not like a break up. She was taken from him.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Nunyabusiness
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:48 PM

No but that's me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:51 PM
I see what you're saying... I'm not going to just blow him off. It's just makes me nervous.. idk maybe i would feel better if it had been longer. He was talking.like I'm.the first woman he's dated.

Quoting ColleenF30:

He also can never get her back and he knows that. Life moves on, and he is too. There is really nothing to fear. Well only if you would say things like "get over it, or some crap like that. I have dropped guys for that reason. The man I am with now understands, and lets me talk as I need to. It can be hard to move on after a death. The most cruel part is life doesn't stop.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)