Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Husband & I, got the stink eye from some elderly folks at walmart....

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:14 PM
  • 49 Replies

Our 3 year old son ( just turned 3 2 weeks ago) needed new sheets for his bed. we went to walmart to get him some. He sleeps in a queen sized bed. When we were looking at the sheets, he wanted the toy story set. But the biggest it came in was a full size. So we had to turn to the solid color sheets, or the prints.

We let him pick out what he wanted, it's his room. He picked out a set of solid blue sheets, and wanted the purple blanket. So we got what he picked.

At the register, he didn't want to hand over the purple blanket to let the cashier ring it up. ( he thought we weren't going to get it). It was VERY clear that he's a boy just by looking at him. The elderly people standing in line behind us, said " oh does SHE like purple"? I said he's a boy, and yes HE likes purple. They then gave us the stink eye and nasty looks the rest of the time while we were being rang up....

I guess they think purple is not a color for a boy?

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deputygirls28
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:16 PM
5 moms liked this
Guess not. My sisters ex fiancée had a thing for the color pink. I don't get the whole "gender colors" thing anymore
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skyes_mama
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:17 PM
2 moms liked this
For about a year my son carried a big rag doll that we called big baby. We got so many weird looks. I just shrug it off. Boys can like purple, pick, red, polka dots in our house. Some people are just silly!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:17 PM

My son is 8 and likes the color purple. Not sure why people feel the need to be dickwads about a childs preferences in what colors they like.

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:19 PM
2 moms liked this

They would have broke their stank eye when they saw me buying Hello Kitty stuff for my 5 year old son. The kid is obsessed!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:19 PM
When my cousin was 3 he wanted his room painted purple and dora sheets for his bed , lol he did'nt get his room painted purple but he did get the dora sheets , lol he's little and its just a colur
Aleta775
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:19 PM
My dh's favorite color is dark purple.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:20 PM
People are stupid. My daughter has a purple car seat and people keep thinking she's a boy.
Marath03
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:20 PM

My husband likes purple. In fact he looks really good in it. I notice that a lot of men and boys crossing over into "girl colors" and the same with girls.  I don't see the issue except that  older generations were taught that blue is for boys and pink is for girls and that's the way it is. I say right on for letting your son pick whatever he wants!!!

Bird16_J
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:21 PM

How stupid! Who cares what color a boy/girl likes! My boys like pinks and purples and my girls like those and the "boy girls" as well. How stupid!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:22 PM
My 4y/o loves my little pony. People are butts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)