Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is $50 worth going through and changing the cs order? *Edited

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 303 Replies
1 mom liked this

I figured out, while doing our budget, that my husband is overpaying in child support by $50 each month. Now, I know that doesn't sound like a lot but that's $600 a year we could use for our family and to save. My question is, is it worth going through the court and making the change? When the order was placed he made more at his second job. But since then his first and primary job's hours have changed and so he's not able to work the second job so much-maybe once a week, for four hours now.

And before people get all pissy about how he's not supporting his kid and should be happy to give anything, there's no way his kid uses $350 a month in anything-even factoring in rent, food, utilies. So that $50 extra, that we could be saving or using, isn't really a sweat off the mom's back. And why would it be fair for him to overpay and give money that's not really hers.

Updated: We talked about it last night in length. Made a pros and cons list and decided that he will go part time on his job and work from home and stop working his second job. This works awesome for us because my company is very pro-mom and he can bring the twins to me for breastfeeding. He also called the support office and told them. So now he'll only have to pay $200 a month in support. Yay for us. And to answer some questions, she's here once a week and never overnight anymore (we don't want to have to deal with her anxieties along with our crying twins, and I'm tired). She doesn't have a room in our house. What's the point if she's only here once a week? We have a five bedroom home but those rooms are filled and like I said, she doesn't need it here. And, since he can't have a family plan while only working part time at his work, she won't be covered on his insurance anymore. And I don't know where people are getting that I'll have to pay his support or insurance because he was assured it's not my responsibility to pay for. She's not my kid.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:23 PM
10 moms liked this
Ok you need to stop rethink what you wrote because this is bulls**t.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:26 PM
6 moms liked this

Won't use the $350........what dream land do you live in.  Oh I know financial delusion land.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:26 PM

How?

Quoting Buggy979:

Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:28 PM
If you have to ask "how" then we have another problem.. ugh

Quoting Anonymous:

How?

Quoting Buggy979:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Child support goes for the child, not the mother. So, it goes for the child's portion of rent or mortgage, food, clothing, water, electricity. Nothing else. It's not for the mother to make other payments that don't belong to the child. It's not to pay her car payment or all of her rent or her insurance-nothing like that. It's for the child and no one else.

Quoting Anonymous:

Won't use the $350........what dream land do you live in.  Oh I know financial delusion land.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:30 PM

And if you can't answer than you have no real reasoning for it.

Quoting Buggy979:

If you have to ask "how" then we have another problem.. ugh

Quoting Anonymous:

How?

Quoting Buggy979:

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:30 PM
6 moms liked this
So the child rides his bike to doctors appointments?

Quoting Anonymous:

Child support goes for the child, not the mother. So, it goes for the child's portion of rent or mortgage, food, clothing, water, electricity. Nothing else. It's not for the mother to make other payments that don't belong to the child. It's not to pay her car payment or all of her rent or her insurance-nothing like that. It's for the child and no one else.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Ummm....#1) amount of cs is dictated by how much your husband makes, NOT what the actual costs of living are. #2) most states will only do a review if the change is AT LEAST $100 difference.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Actually, cs can be used on a car payment! How else is that kid gonna go where they need with no vehicle?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh I understand that.  I just can't fathom where on earth you live where this is remotely possible.  Don't forget to factor in sudries like bandaids, shampoo, soap, it all adds up really really quick.  And no I am not receiving support, paying support or in any way bitter about the matter.  It just does not make sense what you are saying financially.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured