Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Rescued! Add your pics! **UPDATE 02/20/13**

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM
  • 102 Replies
9 moms liked this

SHE'S HERE!! After things fell through with Mac, we were paired with this sweet female Gypsy :)

Meet Mighty Max (possibly Mac, my son is still deciding :) 

He's about three years old, and was initially found wandering the woods with a female beagle. Upon capture, he was put in a pound, the female was adopted, but he was not. He was on his final days in the pound before euthanasia, when a local beagle rescue took him in.

I got the call this afternoon that Max (who loves kids and ignores cats - good as we have two :) was matched to us, and we go to pick him up tomorrow! When we told my son, he was so excited he wanted to go get him right now, haha. 

Show me a picture of your pound puppy!  rescued pet!

UPDATE

Got a call from the rescue shelter this morning. There was a miscommunication between the person who is caring for Max currently and the person who organizes the fosters/adoptions. The current caretaker is not ready to release Max yet due to his tendency to attempt escape. I was sad to hear I would not be given the chance to foster Max at this time BUT the good news is, two new beagles are arriving tomorrow, and the shelter is almost at capacity. These two female beagles both came from good homes, are social, good with kids and cats but one owner is leaving the country, the other can't afford to keep pets anymore.

The difficulty now, I need to choose! I would love to have them both, but with two cats, two kids, only have the capacity to give the proper attention to one doggie now. 

It will come down to which dog picks us really. Here are their pics!

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:47 PM

I got a dog from the pound, but it didn't work out. I hope yours does though. Good luck. 

itsallabtthem84
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:48 PM
3 moms liked this

Only my cat is a rescue. My dog is not. I don't have any pics of him on my cell.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:50 PM
4 moms liked this

This is my girl.  We got her from a rescue when she was 4 mos. old.  

anotherhalf
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM
2 moms liked this

This is Tank.  We got him when he was 1 year old. 

TakeTwo
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Thanks :) I know it does not always work out, but I have high hopes for Max :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

I got a dog from the pound, but it didn't work out. I hope yours does though. Good luck. 

RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Three of my animals (2 dogs and one cat) are rescues. My other cat was a feral cat that I coaxed inside. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM

we got a dog from a rescue and he ended up being aggressive, didnt work out.  Never again

anotherhalf
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:54 PM

She's beautiful.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Pretty dog. She looks like my parent's dog, Scooch.

Quoting Anonymous:

Moe1521
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't share a picture because I'm on mobile, but I have a black lab that was rescued from the pound. His name is Max.... But i usually call him max-a-Roni! So glad your DS likes him, and I hope he is good to you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)