Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ttc semen analysis.. shocking story from mil. ***update

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:00 PM
  • 29 Replies
Ok so dh and I were planning on having a tubal reversal... I have 2 from previous relationships... he has none... went for the sperm count and wound up coming back way too low for us to get pregnant.. his mom tells us a horrific story about his testicles being undescended as a baby and the doctor tying a string to his testicles andthe other end to his leg.... I have searched and searched online... this dr sounds like a nut case to me.. I cant find anything on this kind of practice... he was born in 1977 btw... I guess our chances of a bio child is out the window....

***update*** the first test we went to was at a hospital... it came back that his count was bad.... we went to a urologist and hubby started taking fertility blend for men.... the urologist sent us to an actual fertility clinic in our area... everything came back normal!! So we have an appt April 15th to have our tubal reversal! Oh! The dr said he had heard of the string tied to testicles thing... I guess it was common in the 70s... who knew!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StarryRain
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:01 PM
I've only heard of the buttons... They screwed up my friend's DH the same.
finnbar
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:03 PM

dear God. I wish people in this country would STOP obsessing over male genitals. "normal" is a RANGE

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Oh my gosh, they could have completely castrated him!!

blondie7221
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:06 PM

i didnt under stand, why did they tie a string to them?

hubby had to have one removed but he makes babys very well lol

carriec1982
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:24 PM
I guess what they told his mom was thats how they fix testicles that haven't descended...
carriec1982
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Buttons? Never heard of it..

Quoting StarryRain:

I've only heard of the buttons... They screwed up my friend's DH the same.

lucsch
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I have two brothers who are sterile, BTW.

My dh didn't have much motility or a high sperm count...yet we had 3 miscarriages and 4 babies. It only takes ONE sperm.

carriec1982
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Thank you.... we are stuck on if we are going to pay the $6000 for the reversal if we are going to not be able to conceive. . His count is 9 mil and the motility is 25% after 1 hr and 5% after 4 hrs....

Quoting lucsch:

My dh didn't have much motility or a high sperm count...yet we had 3 miscarriages and 4 babies. It only takes ONE sperm.

lucsch
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:28 PM

That sounds about like my dh's.

Quoting carriec1982:

Thank you.... we are stuck on if we are going to pay the $6000 for the reversal if we are going to not be able to conceive. . His count is 9 mil and the motility is 25% after 1 hr and 5% after 4 hrs....

Quoting lucsch:

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting finnbar:

dear God. I wish people in this country would STOP obsessing over male genitals. "normal" is a RANGE

Wtf are you talking about? She's not talking about normal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN