Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you censor your kids music?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 146 Replies

We listen to hiphop, rock and whatever.  There is always music playing in the house and I dont censor it.  My ds7 and dd17 listen to lil wayne, lmfao, eminem, tpain and more.

Do you censor? WHy?

My parents never censored us either, we turned out fine.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:01 PM

bump

SoKamele
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:03 PM

yes

Lizardannie1966
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM

They all three grew-up listening to our music so why shouldn't we give their music a chance?

Without my teenage daughter, I would have never fallen in-love with the music of Fun, Adele, Lumineers, Jack White, Mumford and Sons...all of which impressed me so much at last night's Grammy's.

We listen to the music versus censoring it but then again, we have kid's that do not listen to crap music to begin with.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM
3 moms liked this

Absolutely 

They are not allowed to listen to music that has curse words in it like bitch , whore, slut....etc

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Nope. My boys can listen to whatever they want. They are 15 & 12

britmichele
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM
No. My son is 4. I'll cross that bridge when we get there
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
No. We listen to classic rock, Lonely Island, Flight of the Conchords and Steven Lynch constantly.

There's no way I'm listening to the wheels on the bus while driving or doing anything else.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Not at all. 

SaGe_Ed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM

No.  My parents tried to censor my music, and I still listened to whatever the heck I wanted.  If my kids want to listen to rap or rock or country or hip hop or big band music, whatever, I'm cool with it.  Of course, if I don't like it they will probably be asked to put their earbuds in.  lol 

Jcothrine
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

i never censored my kids.. my back then 4 year old was listening to Blink 182.. mostly he liked "All the small things" which is a cutesy safe song...but they have some with some lyrics that are questionable.. if they are old enough to understand what those things mean then they are old enough to listen to it..and if they don't understand what those things mean ..then listening to it will not change anything....

JC

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)