Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

14 year-old charged with killing 7 month-old sister

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

14 year-old charged with killing 7 month-old sister in Silver Spring

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/21092899/14-year-old-charged-with-killing-7-month-old-sister-in-silver-spring#ixzz2KeHlA4xg 
Follow us: @myfoxdc on Twitter | myfoxdc on Facebook

SILVER SPRING, Md. -

A 14 year-old Silver Spring boy is being charged as an adult in the death of his 7 month-old sister.

Police say 39 year old Gloria Yanes, who lives in a basement apartment on Lockwood Drive, left her son in charge of her infant daughter when she went to work at 10:30 PM Thursday night.

When she tried to wake seven month old Larissa at 6 am to feed her, she was unresponsive. Someone called paramedics and police.

"Before we arrived, the paramedics had taken the child to Holy Cross Hospital where she was pronounced dead. Doctors say the little girl had injuries they determined were not self-inflicted," Montgomery County Police Captain Paul Starks says.

So they questioned her brother, Johnathan Aguiluc.

"He admitted that he had beaten the little girl which made her cry, so he covered her nose and mouth with his hands," Starks says.

Starks says because the 14 year-old is charged as an adult with first degree murder, investigators don't think the little girl's death was an accident.

Neighbors are stunned. This woman, who lives next door to the family, says she knew Ms. Yanes worked the overnight shift, but she wasn't aware of her childcare arrangements.

"I know her, but I don't know who was watching her baby. I don't know," she said.

No answer at the Yanes home, rocked by a double tragedy.

"It's not just the death of the seven month old little girl," Starks says. "If the allegations are true, she's going to lose her son too, for a time anyway."

Johnathan Aguiluc is being held without bond.

He's due in court Monday at 1 p.m. for a bond hearing.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/21092899/14-year-old-charged-with-killing-7-month-old-sister-in-silver-spring#ixzz2KeHem3TW 
Follow us: @myfoxdc on Twitter | myfoxdc on Facebook
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:18 PM
I very much agree with this! The boy should have never been in that position!

Quoting danijean:

Very sad but honestly who in the heck trusts a 14 year old to watch a baby overnight? Mom needs to be charged with something!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Overnights?

I wouldn't advise it- kids need sleep way more than us and obviously can't make good judgement calls under that kind of stress. Sad.

Quoting MistyMoo:

What's wrong with a 14 year old watching a baby overnight? I started babysitting when I was 13.. Anyways, that's sad and disturbing on so many levels...

Quoting danijean:

Very sad but honestly who in the heck trusts a 14 year old to watch a baby overnight? Mom needs to be charged with something!

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:20 PM
I don't think it had anything to do with sex, really. I have a cousin who is a year older than me and he's always been amazingwith kids, even at the age of 14.

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

Well, you handled it, but you're also a female.  They mature quicker than boys and I don't know any 14 year old boy who could do that on a regular basis.  That's a hard enough job for an adult - I would know I have a newborn at home.

Quoting MistyMoo:

They weren't my siblings, but yes, it was basically every night that I watched them. There was a 4 year old boy who was severely autistic and his sister who was about 6 months at the time. I practically lived there for a year.

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

Were you doing it every single night while mom was at work?  Or just one night here or there?  No 14 year old should be doing that every single night because mom couldn't find a sitter.

Quoting MistyMoo:

What's wrong with a 14 year old watching a baby overnight? I started babysitting when I was 13.. Anyways, that's sad and disturbing on so many levels...

Quoting danijean:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
zoegirlsmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:21 PM
2 moms liked this
You don't have children and expect your children to take care of them. He is 14, just a child himself.
TarantulaTress
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Damn. Terrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Yup. Od go there around 4 after i got done school and I'd stay until i had to go to school the next day..But they were good kids. It really depends on the individuals involved. The kids I watched weren't fussy (well, one of them wasn't haha), they slept all night, so it wasnt a big deal to me. For all you know this baby could have cried for hours on end every night..

Quoting Anonymous:

Overnights?

I wouldn't advise it- kids need sleep way more than us and obviously can't make good judgement calls under that kind of stress. Sad.

Quoting MistyMoo:

Quoting danijean:

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I very much would like to agree with you, but that would make us both wrong, now wouldn't it?

Just because you did it doesn't mean that every 14 year old child is capable of doing it.  Open up your narrow little mind and just consider the possibilities. 

Quoting MistyMoo:

I don't think it had anything to do with sex, really. I have a cousin who is a year older than me and he's always been amazingwith kids, even at the age of 14.

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

Well, you handled it, but you're also a female.  They mature quicker than boys and I don't know any 14 year old boy who could do that on a regular basis.  That's a hard enough job for an adult - I would know I have a newborn at home.

Quoting MistyMoo:

They weren't my siblings, but yes, it was basically every night that I watched them. There was a 4 year old boy who was severely autistic and his sister who was about 6 months at the time. I practically lived there for a year.

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

Were you doing it every single night while mom was at work?  Or just one night here or there?  No 14 year old should be doing that every single night because mom couldn't find a sitter.

Quoting MistyMoo:

Quoting danijean:

kappalopokis
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:25 PM
6 moms liked this
A fourteen year old knows that beating an infant is wrong.

Period.

He is not the victim.

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

That poor baby!  You cannot possibly throw a 14 year old BOY into the responsibilities of caring for a baby and not expect him to properly handle his frustrations.  It's hard enough for an adult, much less a CHILD.  That mother should be charged, not that boy.  He must be beside himself.  Poor guy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:26 PM
She should be charged as well. Who in their right mind leaves an infant overnight with a 14 year old who has little to no patience as most teens don't.
mommieof3_752
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:27 PM

That is so sad. Prayers to the family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)