Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

14 year-old charged with killing 7 month-old sister

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

14 year-old charged with killing 7 month-old sister in Silver Spring

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/21092899/14-year-old-charged-with-killing-7-month-old-sister-in-silver-spring#ixzz2KeHlA4xg 
Follow us: @myfoxdc on Twitter | myfoxdc on Facebook

SILVER SPRING, Md. -

A 14 year-old Silver Spring boy is being charged as an adult in the death of his 7 month-old sister.

Police say 39 year old Gloria Yanes, who lives in a basement apartment on Lockwood Drive, left her son in charge of her infant daughter when she went to work at 10:30 PM Thursday night.

When she tried to wake seven month old Larissa at 6 am to feed her, she was unresponsive. Someone called paramedics and police.

"Before we arrived, the paramedics had taken the child to Holy Cross Hospital where she was pronounced dead. Doctors say the little girl had injuries they determined were not self-inflicted," Montgomery County Police Captain Paul Starks says.

So they questioned her brother, Johnathan Aguiluc.

"He admitted that he had beaten the little girl which made her cry, so he covered her nose and mouth with his hands," Starks says.

Starks says because the 14 year-old is charged as an adult with first degree murder, investigators don't think the little girl's death was an accident.

Neighbors are stunned. This woman, who lives next door to the family, says she knew Ms. Yanes worked the overnight shift, but she wasn't aware of her childcare arrangements.

"I know her, but I don't know who was watching her baby. I don't know," she said.

No answer at the Yanes home, rocked by a double tragedy.

"It's not just the death of the seven month old little girl," Starks says. "If the allegations are true, she's going to lose her son too, for a time anyway."

Johnathan Aguiluc is being held without bond.

He's due in court Monday at 1 p.m. for a bond hearing.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/21092899/14-year-old-charged-with-killing-7-month-old-sister-in-silver-spring#ixzz2KeHem3TW 
Follow us: @myfoxdc on Twitter | myfoxdc on Facebook
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Replies (251-259):
PISCIS29
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I think the fact of losing a child is hard but to know that the person who took that child from you is another child of yours hell I think this woman is living hell on earth. IDT she should be charged. I think her own conscious will take care of that. With all the whys and what ifs.

Quoting danijean:

Very sad but honestly who in the heck trusts a 14 year old to watch a baby overnight? Mom needs to be charged with something!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Quoting danijean:

Very sad but honestly who in the heck trusts a 14 year old to watch a baby overnight? Mom needs to be charged with something!

I was gonna say the same thing. I think she should be charged not the kid. Who the hell leaves a baby with a 14 year old sibbling over night? That's just as much the mother's fault.

Bawyada
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:47 PM

This is awful BUT so is charging a 14 year old as an adult!! In what world is a 14 an adult??? 

danijean
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Glad you see it that way too. I have been quoted numerous times in this post with people acting like it is normal. Him watching her for a couple of hours during the day, but overnight is much different the baby wakes up in the middle of the night still. I'm sorry but a 14 hear old can't and shouldn't handle that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting danijean:

I was gonna say the same thing. I think she should be charged not the kid. Who the hell leaves a baby with a 14 year old sibbling over night? That's just as much the mother's fault.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Quoting danijean:

Glad you see it that way too. I have been quoted numerous times in this post with people acting like it is normal. Him watching her for a couple of hours during the day, but overnight is much different the baby wakes up in the middle of the night still. I'm sorry but a 14 hear old can't and shouldn't handle that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting danijean:

I personally don't think it's even ok to leave a 14 year old with a baby for a couple of hours. If you couldnt handle having more kids then dont have more kids. Birth control isnt that hard to figure out. Sibblings are not built in baby sitters! I have a friend who used to do this all the time with her step-son. She would leave her baby with him for hours on end and he was only 12 & I think that's so irrisponsible. I'm not friends with her anymore because she's a piece of shit mother. She used to leave her baby with the step-son so she could go out & party all night. Kids at the age of 14 don't have the same skills & knowledge as adults. He probly was just covering the baby's mouth to make him stop crying not knowing that he might kill the baby. Not to say that what he did wasnt wrong but the mother is to blame here, point blank.

Jessandtheboys
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:17 PM

How sad

goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:21 PM
At that age I think he would know better seriously -_- this is so sad :(.

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

That poor baby!  You cannot possibly throw a 14 year old BOY into the responsibilities of caring for a baby and not expect him to properly handle his frustrations.  It's hard enough for an adult, much less a CHILD.  That mother should be charged, not that boy.  He must be beside himself.  Poor guy.

akrall83
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:27 PM
They should both be charged. She is just as responsible for her baby's death as her son. I feel bad for the baby.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Wow, how sad : (

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)