Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tell me about your work day at your employment

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:19 PM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

I work part time this is my work day I go in at 2:30 and see where they need me which is usually the one year old room-when I get there the little ones are getting up for snack-so prepare snack and change them and clean their cots and put them away (their are two of us to work together on this)  and then they can play --I read to them, we play games-(liking jumping games or dancing or ring around the rosie) and they play , also put music on and change children throughout the three hours-while kids are leaving through out-and they free play and I encourage their play and then I take them to the bigger room with the other kids and I shut down this room-do the closing procedures and then make sure no one else needs changed-I make sure everything is documented

then I go to the infant room and change or feed and/or play with the remaining infant and then infant leaves and I close down the infant room (cleaning and spraying, and taking out garbage and emptying water--same in one year old room when I close down)  and then wait to all kids left with other staff and close down building-lock it up  out by 5:30 (unless parent late then stay until last kid leaves)

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this
My day is so beyond unpredictable it's crazy! Lol
Yours sounds fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:23 PM

yes it is fun!!  lots of diaper changing-lol!! but fun!!

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

My day is so beyond unpredictable it's crazy! Lol
Yours sounds fun!

MsRkg
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:29 PM

If I am actually going into the office and not working from home, then on Monday-Thursday:

Stroll into the office sometime between the hours of 9am-11am. Grab the minions (aka employees) have a 30 minute change/update meeting to get up to speed on the day so far. Then retreat to my office, turn on CNN and then waste time on Cafemom, while breezing through the mile high stack of resumes in my email box to pick this year's spring and summer interns. Usually around 1pm head out to lunch either with my staff (company treat) or have a business lunch meeting with a client , if scheduled, which is usually the norm. Arrive back at the office around 3 work on  some proposals, sign my name on some expensive documents, and waste more time on CM. Then at 5 , depending on the day, head home, hang out in the office game room with the minions for a bit, or head out to a happy hour with the minions.

Friday:

No one really works in my office after 1:00 pm. After that it becomes Margarita Friday and time for some Wii/Xbox/Table Tennis/Pool/Foosball/etc office tournaments.

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Can I  have your pay? LOL!! 

Quoting MsRkg:

If I am actually going into the office and not working from home, then on Monday-Thursday:

Stroll into the office sometime between the hours of 9am-11am. Grab the minions (aka employees) have a 30 minute change/update meeting to get up to speed on the day so far. Then retreat to my office, turn on CNN and then waste time on Cafemom, while breezing through the mile high stack of resumes in my email box to pick this year's spring and summer interns. Usually around 1pm head out to lunch either with my staff (company treat) or have a business lunch meeting with a client , if scheduled, which is usually the norm. Arrive back at the office around 3 work on  some proposals, sign my name on some expensive documents, and waste more time on CM. Then at 5 , depending on the day, head home, hang out in the office game room with the minions for a bit, or head out to a happy hour with the minions.

Friday:

No one really works in my office after 1:00 pm. After that it becomes Margarita Friday and time for some Wii/Xbox/Table Tennis/Pool/Foosball/etc office tournaments.

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:33 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I get up, take kids to school, come home, clean for a bit, take a nap, workout, eat, then go pick kids up.
LOL
wissotamum
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

If I'm working day shift, I start at 5:45am-3:15pm.  If I work evenings, it's 2:45-11:15pm.  If I working in labor, I either take over on a Mom who is already in labor, or I get a new Mom coming in for an induction or a c/s.  Depending on how much support they need, I can also do the occasional follow up phone call to check in with patients who have gone home.  If I'm working in the intensive care nursery, I'm caring for newborns who need extra care.  If I'm working on post partum, I do assessments of mom and baby, do hearing screens, lactation support, discharge teaching, given hepatitis B shots, assist with circs, newborn screens, etc.  If I'm assigned to lactation for the day, I do lactation rounds, teach, and do follow up phone calls.

The days vary so much, it really just depends.  Sometimes, I'm hanging poolside as a Mom labors in the waterbith tub.  Sometimes, I'm supporting a Mom and family through a loss.  Sometimes, I'm encouraging an apathetic Mom to take care of her baby.  Just depends. It's always meaningful and fulfilling, even when it's frustrating.

coala
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I called my boss at 10 and told her that I was going back to bed.  I was still sleeping off a pain killer I had taken the night befor and was nursing one of the worst migraines I have ever had.  She called to check in on me around 5 and told me that my work would wait for me.  LOL

MsRkg
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Absoblutely. =] I love my job and my career, but sometimes, just sometimes it can drive me crazy and make me want to disappear.

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Can I  have your pay? LOL!! 

Quoting MsRkg:

Friday:

jen2150
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I homeschool my two boys.  Today was typically awesome day.  No complaints.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN