Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What could this mean

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:41 PM
  • 13 Replies
My daughter's best friends mom just text me that her daughter had a ct scan and they found old bleeding on the brain. The little girl had bronchitis and was having extremely bad headaches from the medicine. They stopped the medication and from what I had heard this morning she was on the mend. This text was just sent about dive minutes ago and I don't know the progression that led to the ct scan.

Does anyone know what this could be?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinglife0682
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Bump
lovinglife0682
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Thanks.

Quoting Anonymous:

Bump

lovinglife0682
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:48 PM
No one?
mommieof3_752
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Could be a result of the meds...some can cause bleeding in the brain. I have sever migraines so I have ct scans pretty often...

lovinglife0682
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Really? What will they need to do?

Quoting mommieof3_752:

Could be a result of the meds...some can cause bleeding in the brain. I have sever migraines so I have ct scans pretty often...

mommieof3_752
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:53 PM

They should contact a lawyer and see a new doctor (not the one that gave her the meds) and make sure that it was the meds that caused it. Im pretty sure that if the bleeding wasn't from meds...they would have been able to see the trauma that caused it. i.e and blow to the head..or something of that nature. Tell them not to let this go...it could cause future problems for her. Tell them GL and hope the little girl gets better and fully recovers.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Quoting mommieof3_752:

lovinglife0682
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Thank you so much. I will tell her.

Quoting mommieof3_752:

They should contact a lawyer and see a new doctor (not the one that gave her the meds) and make sure that it was the meds that caused it. Im pretty sure that if the bleeding wasn't from meds...they would have been able to see the trauma that caused it. i.e and blow to the head..or something of that nature. Tell them not to let this go...it could cause future problems for her. Tell them GL and hope the little girl gets better and fully recovers.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Quoting mommieof3_752:

lovinglife0682
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Bump one more time
40sandPreg
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Or it could have been a completely benign vessel leak w/no known cause.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured