Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ideas on how to tell him I'm pregnant...with an unplanned pregnancy at the most unconvient time? ***i told him

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 347 Replies
3 moms liked this
We have a 10 month old daughter.
We just moved to a bigger house.
And for reasons I'd rather not go into, we did not want to have another child until dd was around 4 or 5, ATLEAST.

I was on birth control. Ive been sick for a few weeks, and thought I had mono. But nope. Im pregnant.

I don't know how to tell him.
I mean, we will keep the baby and I'm sure want we get past the initial fear and worry we could be happy and excited, but I just don't know how to spring it on him.

Eta/ I didn't tell him the first time.
I passed out in Walmart and was taken to the ER. They said "your blood sugars is a little high....how far along are you?"

I said "what do you mean"

The Doctor said "how many weeks pregnant are you?"

DH and I stated at each other a few minutes before the doctor realized that we didn't know I was pregnant,

Eta: I'm going to tell him
Tomorrow.

Eta/ I'm not AFRAID to tell him or afraid of his reaction. I'm worried about him. And about how it could affect him. His dad died 2 months ago, and as a result of that his 18 year old brother who was driving the car when it wrecked, went into a depression and committed suicide a little over a week ago. DH is taking it all very hard, they were all very close. Im just hoping that by doing it in a cutesy way it will make it easier for him to be happier about it rather than immediately start worrying about me and the baby. I'm just not sure how much more he can take

Eta: I told him this morning while dd was asleep and we were laying in bed.

Me: when we have another baby, would you want a boy or another girl?

Him:...,I don't know...why?

Me: I'd want a boy.

Him: why's that?

Me: so we could name him Christopher Daniel Lee. ( Chris = his brother, Daniel was fil)..,... How would you feel abou that?

Him: i don't know. We don't have to pick a name right now..it's bit like we're having another one right now.

Me:....yeah...but we've only got 8 months max.... (I'm assuming I'm atleast 5 weeks(

Him:.....8 months.,. Wait... What?

Me: Russell....I'm pregnant...

Him...what?,,,when did you..?

Me: when I went to the doctor the other day.

He was quiet for a few minutes, and started to cry. He asked when I was going back to see my ob and insisted that I call and try to get in earlier than three weeks from now. (dd was a hard pregnancy. I almost went into labor threw times, the earliest at 27 weeks, and ended up on bed rest the entire time). So I have an appointment for Wednesday now.
He's already worried About me and the baby... His mom is coming over for dinner tonight and we will tell her

Also, since someone asked, mil is having a rough time too, we have Invited her to move in with us (she hasbt worked or lived alone In Over twenty years) and she's accepted.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM
9 moms liked this

i would just do it. theres really no easy way to go about it.

but goodluck.! update us when you do finally tell him.!

maybe valentines day??

tinakinakins
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:52 PM
3 moms liked this

Say "I'm pregnant...again".

audreesmama
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:53 PM
54 moms liked this

Just give birth. After that, he'll catch on quickly. 

Why not look on pinterest for cute ideas? 

momof2little1s
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:54 PM
23 moms liked this
That is funny!!!

Seriously. Get a big sister shirt and put in on your 10 month old. Hopefully that will be an ice breaker.

Quoting audreesmama:

Just give birth. After that, he'll catch on quickly. 

Why not look on pinterest for cute ideas? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisSwissMiss
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:55 PM
8 moms liked this

Get your daughter a "I'm the big sister" shirt and wait for his reaction when he sees her wearing it 

aCafemomma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:55 PM
102 moms liked this

eehhh throw the test at him start crying and yelling : HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!!!!!!!!!

JK

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Throw the test at him.
LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:57 PM
2 moms liked this
Make him a coffee mug - you're going to be a daddy.. again. Give it to him on Valentine's day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
skittlefart
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM
13 moms liked this

When I found out it was new years day, so I wrote SO a little note that said I wanted to get him and DS something but didn't have enough to get anything big. I taped the 2 pregnancy tests to the bottom of a gift box and wrote on a separate note covering them that said, "I know this isn't exactly the perfect timing but great things sometimes just can't wait...I hope that you can find it in your heart to love and accept this child just like your first, please be a daddy to this little special gift as well? Love mama" (something around those lines. The note wasa lot better, lol.) He was so shocked but he was happy. I even caught our 6 month old say "uh oh" on film when they read it. 

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Mrs.Bolin
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM
2 moms liked this

If you are nervous about it and worried what he will think then just tell him. Dont surprise him. Thats what i did

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)