Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Army Wives....Question.

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM
  • 25 Replies
This has prob been asked before but I'm curious. I just started watching Army Wives on Netflix. I really like it but I was wondering if any of you ACTUAL military wives could shed some light on what it's really like to live on base or port. Is Army Wives a good comparison or does it piss you off how they portray the military and its spouses and families.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I haven't watched the show, but I can tell you it's like highschool on crack a lot of the times.  At every post we've been at.   Check out some military wife groups on here, you'll see.  

audreesmama
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Pretty much perfect. Overdramatic, immature girls who try to wear their husband's rank.

Most look like this:

LOL. I'm kidding. Don't put your twinkies down ;).

amyleigh80
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Yikes! Sounds awful! I would probably be labeled a crazy person cause I would keep to myself to avoid all that drama. You would think there would be more camaraderie.

Quoting Anonymous:

I haven't watched the show, but I can tell you it's like highschool on crack a lot of the times.  At every post we've been at.   Check out some military wife groups on here, you'll see.  

amyleigh80
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Oh goodness!

Quoting audreesmama:

Pretty much perfect. Overdramatic, immature girls who try to wear their husband's rank.

Most look like this:

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:11 PM
I've never watched that show, so I wouldn't know, but I wouldn't think it would be very accurate. My hubby is Air Force though, so I'm sure living on an Air Force base is different from an Army Post anyway.
audreesmama
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:14 PM

LOL Yeah. Exdh and I were dual military so I saw it from both sides. Most of the wives were complete bitches, almost every one was a one-upper and got pregnant at every damn R&R. It was ridiculous. I know CPS was called on a few of my neighbors for leaving kids outside after dark (after midnight, mind you, in Connecticut in February), for having deplorable living conditions, etc. 

There were normal women, but they were they outcasts for not being a fucking crazy woman. I was an outcast because I wasn't really a wife, I was active duty too. Snort.

Quoting amyleigh80:

Oh goodness!

Quoting audreesmama:

mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

That is hilarious and oh so true!

Quoting audreesmama:

Most look like this:

mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Isn't that crazy? When my husband and I were dual military, we were in Germany living on the economy but in an Army owned apartment complex. We were pretty much shunned by our neighbors because I was active duty, I never quite understood that reaction!

Quoting audreesmama:

LOL Yeah. Exdh and I were dual military so I saw it from both sides. Most of the wives were complete bitches, almost every one was a one-upper and got pregnant at every damn R&R. It was ridiculous. I know CPS was called on a few of my neighbors for leaving kids outside after dark (after midnight, mind you, in Connecticut in February), for having deplorable living conditions, etc. 

There were normal women, but they were they outcasts for not being a fucking crazy woman. I was an outcast because I wasn't really a wife, I was active duty too. Snort.

Quoting amyleigh80:

Oh goodness!

Quoting audreesmama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM

My dh was Navy but we didn't live in base housing.

mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Some of us are pretty biased, ha! I think you will notice that many Army wives who were former military themselves tend to dislike other Army wives.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)