Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son won't kiss me....:(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies

He's 7. He told me he's "too old for that". It breaks my heart. I knew eventually he wouldn't want to, I just didn't think 7 was the end of it (he turns 7 next month). First grade just seems too young to not kiss your momma anymore.

He still shows me he loves me in other ways, I guess. He likes hanging out with me. We do fun stuff... but he used to compliment me a lot, hug me a lot, kiss me, cuddle with me... now he says he can't do any of that anymore. Sucks...makes me sad! :(

How old were your boys when they stopped kissing you goodnight, or at all? Do they still hug, or share a blanket during a movie... stuff like that? Any other forms of physical affection?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladysamanda
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Mine is five and already does not want to hold my hand unlessvwe are in the street and I make him. They grow up so fast :'(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Jesus christ. He not ur fucking hubby. U creepy. So excited over a seven yr old complimentin u. Freaky...
mvbullock
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I dread the day my babies don't want to kiss, hug, hold hands etc. Mine just turned 2 and they are growing up so fast.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:16 PM

god you're going to raise such a girly man. 

does he have a dad in the picture? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Are by any chance black??

Quoting Anonymous:

Jesus christ. He not ur fucking hubby. U creepy. So excited over a seven yr old complimentin u. Freaky...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Mine was 5.  This started after I was in full blown labor at homewith DD (20 minutes after, I delivered).  He just stopped- kinda traumatic I guess?  Good news!!  Last year, he was 9- after all these years of hugs, cuddles as you describe- I asked him for a kiss on the cheek and got one!!!  He is comfortable with that and I am over the moon- he is MY 1st born!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Wth u talkin bout? Y the fuck would i care if her kid is black.??dumbass

Quoting Anonymous:

Are by any chance black??

Quoting Anonymous:

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Well my oldest son is 28 and I still get hugs (big squeezy lift me off the floor hugs) and kisses........

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM

how is it creepy to want a hug and a kiss from my baby? You don't hug and kiss your sons? Do you HAVE sons?

Quoting Anonymous:

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Do you have a husband or is his dad around? Maybe have him talk to your ds about it. He might just feel like he'd get made fun of. A man telling him that it's still ok even as an adult to give your mama kisses and hugs might help sway him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN