Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should I contact his "step mom"??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

Okay long story short..

My sons dad has nothing to do with him...I left him when I was pregnant because he cheated on me with the chick he is now married to.  I have always told him he is more than welcome to meet his son, ect ect that I would never stop them from having a relationship... he decided he just wanted to pretend it never happened. Up until about 2 years ago, I would talk to his new wife about visitation/child support and even promised birthday cards/presents that never happened, but havent heard from them since. Today I get a CS modification letter in the mail. Im wondering if I should just ignore it, or message her to see what they think. I have no problem lowering it if they are struggling, or whatever. Should I email his wife and ask her? He wont talk to me which is why his wife deals with it.. but I dont mind, Ill be the bigger person about it and do what we gotta do in order to communicate.. it is only once every few years..  So what do you think? Should I email her asking what she thinks and try to come across an agreement?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM

bump

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't. I would keep it through the courts and do it by mediation. he doesn't have to prove hes struggling if you do it by consent, he does if you do it through 'official' means.

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I would.

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM

i think he needs to man up and start being there for his kid.  

loretta6262
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry, but in no way would I accommodate a person that treated my child so badly. Let him deal with the consequences of adulthood just like you are doing. He sounds like he needs to grow up and be a man. Then again my child just turned 12 and hasn't seen her father since she was 9 months old and he has only JUST started paying a small amount of child support, like 600.00 in the last 16 months, so maybe I am just bitter.

stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM
i dont think i would...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM
2 moms liked this

F that, don't agree to any kind of modification!  If they are struggling, so what?  He doesn't want to pay because he doesn't see the kid & doesn't feel like he owes any money. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM

No, I know.. thats when I become the mad mom wanting to increase it bc 340.00 doesnt make up for Dad not being here. And he does.. he does pay it every month...

Quoting loretta6262:

I'm sorry, but in no way would I accommodate a person that treated my child so badly. Let him deal with the consequences of adulthood just like you are doing. He sounds like he needs to grow up and be a man. Then again my child just turned 12 and hasn't seen her father since she was 9 months old and he has only JUST started paying a small amount of child support, like 600.00 in the last 16 months, so maybe I am just bitter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I know, but this wouldnt just benefit them, if hes making more money than it would benefit DS.

Quoting Anonymous:

F that, don't agree to any kind of modification!  If they are struggling, so what?  He doesn't want to pay because he doesn't see the kid & doesn't feel like he owes any money. 

casseopeia
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

So your baby daddy has been paying CS but filed for CS modification?  If that's the case, all you have to do is participate in the process, go to court, and with agree with the modification or offer up an alternative.  Contacting the step mom won't legally accomplish anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)