Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do people feel the need to be so mean on here?

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:34 PM
  • 46 Replies
2 moms liked this

Does it make you feel good? Does it make you feel like a big girl when you hide under anon and make shitty comments or take something that was obviously innocent and turn it into something that offends you? When someone says something mean or ATTEMPTING to be hurtful my first though is "something must be wrong with this person".  Luckily, I don't get mad or offended easily and I don't post much, I'm more of a reader, but I read a seemingly innocent post and without fail by page two SOMEONE had to be nasty, of course being anon.  Are you that mean in real life?  I've started to make a game out of it, by guessing how many pages can go by without someone being a total coldhearted bitch when the OP is trying to be nice.  I just don't get how people can be so miserable in their lives that they want to bring people down all the time.

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
areles
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:35 PM
what if you're mean non-anon? does this same shit apply?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:36 PM
2 moms liked this

This group tends to make people hateful. I'm alot different in other groups then I am here.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:37 PM
2 moms liked this

YOU have been on this site for quite a while......YOU do realise that this group is NOT a support group....right???????

TheLooneyBinMum
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I think most anons say things like that because they like making ppl feel as miserable as they are.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:38 PM
3 moms liked this
Nope I'm a sweetheart IRL. CM is an outlet for my inner bitch! The only people I chew out are self entitled bitches, that think kids should starve and rape victims asked for it! I never go into anyone's post to be bitchy, but sometimes I can't help myself. In my defense I think most of those women are trolls that want the reaction I give them.
Cristie0911
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM

WOW! An honest answer! Thanks! i'm actually surprised, when I saw it was from an anon, I thought it was going to be someone deciding to name call.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope I'm a sweetheart IRL. CM is an outlet for my inner bitch! The only people I chew out are self entitled bitches, that think kids should starve and rape victims asked for it! I never go into anyone's post to be bitchy, but sometimes I can't help myself. In my defense I think most of those women are trolls that want the reaction I give them.

Cristie0911
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Is there a certain kind of post that sets you off more than others?

Cristie0911
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Yes, but most of the REALLY nasty ones seem to come under anon. 

Quoting areles:

what if you're mean non-anon? does this same shit apply?

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:44 PM

You also have to keep in mind the people we encounter. As we speak I'm being cussed up and down in another post by a child who hasn't lived enough to know anything. That tends to affect someone's mood as well.

Cristie0911
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:44 PM

That was kind of my theory too :)

Quoting TheLooneyBinMum:

I think most anons say things like that because they like making ppl feel as miserable as they are.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)