Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you still think of your ex? I feel so guilty.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
My ex and I dated for about 2.5 years. I feel weird calling him my ex, we never were official but I know we were only having sexual relations with anyone else.

He and I were not the type to get close but after a couple of years you can't help but grow attached to someone. He didn't treat me bad but I was the closes thing he's ever had to a serious gf so he didn't know how to treat me. Sometimes I think he took me for granted.

While I was seeing my ex, I met my now bf. I left my ex for my bf because my bf... Well, he's the one. I have no regrets about leaving my ex.

But I can't stop thinking about him. I did just kind of leave and stop talking to him. I know I hurt him :( I don't know if this is normal or not. I don't go to bed thinking of him or anything like that and I miss the friend, but I don't miss him if that makes sense.

I'm looking for your stories, words of wisdom, or advice.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:52 PM

every person should have the good memories of thier exes, if they don't then they are focusing on the bad, and no I don't think its weird to think about your ex. I think about mine all the time and will tell these good stories to dh. it helps both of us remember that my 2 exes do have good qualities in them and it helps us act appropriately towards them when we do custody transfers.

shudderette
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I know what you mean. I'm happily married and I still miss my ex sometimes. I lost him in a car wreck. I know i'll never get him back but... i miss him. He was my constant companion, my best friend, the funniest man i've ever known, and he loved me fiercely. He was The One. But he's gone. And i've moved on with my life. I'm happy. I love the man i'm with and I love the life we've made together. 

Apply that to your life however you want but i kinda think it's normal to miss what you had. But remember to cherish what you have now too.

reava
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:54 PM
2 moms liked this
I have a guy like that. He and I had an ongoing "relationship" for a couple of years. I wanted a little more but he wasn't interested in what I wanted. I met my dh and things ended with the other guy. About 4 or 5 months later the other guy text me to tell me that he wished he had made things "official" with me. It stirred up a lot of feelings and caused problems with dh. I finally had to cut him completely out of my life. I think about him a lot. I also feel guilty for thinking about him. He's just someone I can't quite get over.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I think about two exes every once in awhile. When they get in my head I can't seem to get them out for some reason. And when I say exes I mean like middle school/hs boyfriends. I've been with dh since I was 16 so yea....it confuses the hell out of me and I wish it would stop but sometimes I just find myself thinking about them and even having dreams about them. SOO weird!!!

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:55 PM

IF I had good memories of MY Ex-Assphat then he beat them out of me decades ago......but he is the one that is buried 6 feet under now, lol

Anywho........are you happy with your BF now??? IF so then WHY are you thinking about your EX????

Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Nope not really... I had a boyfriend of 3 years before DH but that was 10 years ago lol, so no, don't think of him much!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:56 PM
The only time i think of my ex is to wish death upon him. He was abusive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:57 PM

i broke up with my dd's father before we got  married. I packed up and moved while he was at work. I was young and didn't like the relationship but I loved him. 

Many years later, I am now married and I miss him. He looks good when he comes to pick up our daughter. I miss his parents, I could have had a really nice MIL and FIL but instead I got stuck with shiity in laws 

supermomz25
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:58 PM

the only reason I think of my ex is because he is the father of my older children. but the things that cross my mind about him are very negative, but I make sure not to share those with my kids. I want all of their memories of their dad to be positive. eventually they will know the full truth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:59 PM
I can relate. I can't have my ex in my life. But sometimes I think if I didn't have my bf, I would be visiting my ex. I don't know why. I think I need closure. He still stirs feelings that I cannot describe. But I love my bf, I love our life we created, I do not regret my decision, I would do it all over again. I just don't understand. I feel guilty for the way I feel.

Quoting reava:

I have a guy like that. He and I had an ongoing "relationship" for a couple of years. I wanted a little more but he wasn't interested in what I wanted. I met my dh and things ended with the other guy. About 4 or 5 months later the other guy text me to tell me that he wished he had made things "official" with me. It stirred up a lot of feelings and caused problems with dh. I finally had to cut him completely out of my life. I think about him a lot. I also feel guilty for thinking about him. He's just someone I can't quite get over.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN