Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

tip added to bill by restaurant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
The family & I went out to a restaurant tonight for dinner. Waitress was not attentive to us at all & it wasn't even that busy. People who came in after us got to order their food first & eat before we did. She had no problem refilling other customers cup, but she would jut walk pass our table. I had to wave down another waitress to get morw drinks. My son really wanted to try this restaurant, so we stayed. The bill comes & it's $180. I look at the reciept & $30 was added for tip! I believe in tipping, but not that much for a waitress who didn't really gave a shit about us! Uuugh. Restaurants should let customers decide how much they want to pay.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:40 AM
How is it acceptable to charge a party of four as being a large group? It isn't,that is a a normal amount of diners.

Tip should be based on service provided.

Quoting katarina666:

I'm sorry I don't agree.If your a party of over  a certain # of people a added gratuity is acceptable.If she was Ignoreing you why did you not talk to the manger? I bet there is more to the story.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:40 AM

22%!!!!   F that shit!

That would be my last visit there.  The waitress knew the tip was already added in to your bill so she didn't have to take care of you well.

Quoting Anonymous:

I did ask to speak with the manager & he said 22% is automatically added on toall bills. They can't/won't take it off.

Quoting shivasgirl:

did you speak to the manager about it? no way would I have paid that

squeekers
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

after reading the posts i cannot believe the assumed tip is 22%?!? if the company can put it in to their computer program, they sure as h@ll can take it off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:41 AM
We ordered the family feast, sample platter, and hot wings.

Quoting Anonymous:

4 people for $150 that's roughly $35 a person???? That just doesn't seem accurate. Adding the "tip" it's $45 a person & for BBQ. We can eat as at a fancy steakhouse (with dress code) for less than that in our area.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:43 AM

These types of things are printed on the menu.  I've seen it in various places.

And I always tip well over 20% if there are kids there.  They take more time, more effort, make more of a mess, and eat less (cheaper) than adults - plus they don't drink.

I've never understood about the refill drinks though - as to why that's a big deal.  Almost everywhere I've ever gone, the drinks are big enough (or too big) to even finish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Yeah, we're definitely not going back. Dh said the same thing about the waitress & her service, knowing she will et a good tip no matter what.

Quoting Anonymous:

22%!!!!   F that shit!

That would be my last visit there.  The waitress knew the tip was already added in to your bill so she didn't have to take care of you well.

Quoting Anonymous:

I did ask to speak with the manager & he said 22% is automatically added on toall bills. They can't/won't take it off.

Quoting shivasgirl:

did you speak to the manager about it? no way would I have paid that

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:43 AM

they do that for idiots like I had tonight. I had a table of 4 come in. They ordered their food, I took out thier salads. Then I get can I have a second ranch. Ok no big deal. They wait till I get back to the table with the ranch to say can I have another blue cheese. Ok starting to get fustrated now. I take out the food. Can I have extra napkins, okay. Then I get back to the table with the napkins and hear I need drink refills. Ok part of the job but getting really aggitated by this time because I have 4 other tables. So I start avoiding them at this point. I hear can I order a to go order. ok this is part of the job. I get it to the table and they say can I have a side of ranch with that. So I go get the ranch. I get it to the table and the dumb ninny says oh by the way can I get a cream gravy to go with that?

So I get the gravy. They ask for a to go box. So I don't have to make a second trip I bring the biggest we have. Then they say that is not big enough can we have a small one also. So I bring that. Then the dumb ninny says can I have a to go cup for my beans. I was fuming by this time. I wanted to slap her ass out of the resturant , can't you ask for everything at once? its not hard. So I take her a to go cup. I get to the table and the ninny says Can I get a to go sack? GOd how much can one person need.  So I bring a to go sack. Then the dumb ninny that never ate her dinner and wanted all of these to go things wants dessert. So I get the dessert. I can go on and on for 2 more paragraphs the shit I went through not telling me till I got back to the table with the requested item that they need something else. You know what my tip was????

ZERO THIS IS WHY RESTURANTS DO AUTOMATIC TIPS.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Cups weren't anything special lol. It's just regualr size cupsthat we have at home.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

These types of things are printed on the menu.  I've seen it in various places.

And I always tip well over 20% if there are kids there.  They take more time, more effort, make more of a mess, and eat less (cheaper) than adults - plus they don't drink.

I've never understood about the refill drinks though - as to why that's a big deal.  Almost everywhere I've ever gone, the drinks are big enough (or too big) to even finish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:47 AM
We'renot those type of customers. We actually clean up as much of our kids mess as much as we can. I will then stack all the plates up to try to make it easier for the waitress/waiters.

Quoting Anonymous:

they do that for idiots like I had tonight. I had a table of 4 come in. They ordered their food, I took out thier salads. Then I get can I have a second ranch. Ok no big deal. They wait till I get back to the table with the ranch to say can I have another blue cheese. Ok starting to get fustrated now. I take out the food. Can I have extra napkins, okay. Then I get back to the table with the napkins and hear I need drink refills. Ok part of the job but getting really aggitated by this time because I have 4 other tables. So I start avoiding them at this point. I hear can I order a to go order. ok this is part of the job. I get it to the table and they say can I have a side of ranch with that. So I go get the ranch. I get it to the table and the dumb ninny says oh by the way can I get a cream gravy to go with that?

So I get the gravy. They ask for a to go box. So I don't have to make a second trip I bring the biggest we have. Then they say that is not big enough can we have a small one also. So I bring that. Then the dumb ninny says can I have a to go cup for my beans. I was fuming by this time. I wanted to slap her ass out of the resturant , can't you ask for everything at once? its not hard. So I take her a to go cup. I get to the table and the ninny says Can I get a to go sack? GOd how much can one person need.  So I bring a to go sack. Then the dumb ninny that never ate her dinner and wanted all of these to go things wants dessert. So I get the dessert. I can go on and on for 2 more paragraphs the shit I went through not telling me till I got back to the table with the requested item that they need something else. You know what my tip was????

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

We'renot those type of customers. We actually clean up as much of our kids mess as much as we can. I will then stack all the plates up to try to make it easier for the waitress/waiters.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)