Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

tip added to bill by restaurant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
The family & I went out to a restaurant tonight for dinner. Waitress was not attentive to us at all & it wasn't even that busy. People who came in after us got to order their food first & eat before we did. She had no problem refilling other customers cup, but she would jut walk pass our table. I had to wave down another waitress to get morw drinks. My son really wanted to try this restaurant, so we stayed. The bill comes & it's $180. I look at the reciept & $30 was added for tip! I believe in tipping, but not that much for a waitress who didn't really gave a shit about us! Uuugh. Restaurants should let customers decide how much they want to pay.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Replies (51-55):
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Uou tip better then me. I always do 15% however servers make $9.50 here I know a lot of places they make less.

Quoting littlelamb303:

that is ridiculous.  I don't blame you at all and 22 % for less than great service is outrageous.  I normally tip 20%(even though they say that is too low now) but NEVER for crappy service.  I would definitely YELP it, I always do.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:18 AM

I have argued a "gratuity" before and just flat out refused to pay it.  Unless they have it clearly posted and customers are made aware of it, its akin to theft in my mind.

I refuse to pay a tip if the service was bad.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:20 AM

same here.   I tip 15% for good service, 0% for crappy service, and 18% for mixed drinks (I always get some ridiculous pina colada or something annoying to make)

Quoting Retrokitty:

Uou tip better then me. I always do 15% however servers make $9.50 here I know a lot of places they make less.

Quoting littlelamb303:

that is ridiculous.  I don't blame you at all and 22 % for less than great service is outrageous.  I normally tip 20%(even though they say that is too low now) but NEVER for crappy service.  I would definitely YELP it, I always do.

tennisgal
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:21 AM

did you have a large party.

i'm not famliar with restaurants adding the tip in when it's a "normal size table. 

kelly617
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Did you have a large party?

Was there anything on the menu stating that gratuity is already added into the bill?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)