Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have a bad head cold and I have court tomorrow!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:47 AM
  • 35 Replies

I have to go- it's mediation.  I have a feeling it won't take the two hours they slotted for it though.  He wants visitation and I want a termination of parental rights.  We are not going to see eye to eye on anything. 

Anyone know what I am to expect?  I have never been in mediation before.

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:48 AM
You won't get termination so agree or it will take all day
RLT2
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this

No, I don't have a clue. Here's a bump for you though, feel better and good luck tomorrow!

lindilouwho82
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this

If you can't agree you will go in front of a judge.

lindilouwho82
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:53 AM

I should add; mediators cannot make you agree, a court date will be set at a later date and you will be notified of when.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:53 AM

You chose him to father your child, now you want to push him out of the child's life.  How considerate.

model1000mom
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:54 AM

If you dont agree then they will set a date to see the judge at a later date.

lindilouwho82
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Be prepared to build a case against him and his parental rights when you go to court. Evidence must be submitted days before a hearing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:01 AM
We I went, he said he wanted full custody, supervised visits twice a month, and $1000 a month in child support because "no judge is gonna give her a kid, she's fat and doesn't have a job.". The mediator and lawers laughed at him, and said no. We ended up HE got every other Saturday and Father's Day, has to pay $250 child support, and I have sole custody. My point is, don't ask for something unrealistic. I got what I asked for because I had pictures of the abuse, a letter he gave my mom saying he only wanted Victor to get back at me and was going to give him to her, and his check stubs.
trish_odi
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:05 AM
I have been where your at when through mediation and ended in front of the judge , you have to have proof of him being a bad father to get him out of the picture at best they might say his visits are supervised visits with the children so that he is not alone with the children , but that can be a pain to . You really need a lot of evidence of him being an unfit father it took me a while but I got it done . But it wasn't easy . But my ex was a total ass he was on drugs and got arrested for assault so I was able to bring proof of this to the courts but there were supervised visits till I was able to show the courts the police reports and the numerous detoxes he was in . He finally did get clean and sober but it was to late for me and my son we did just fine with out him . Good luck
opal10161973
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:07 AM

I know I won't get termination, but he is not going to get anything easy.  He is a drug dealer and drug addict and has been for years.  He does a really good job at hiding it all.  No one would ever suspect it- if you met him today, you would think the same.  I didn't know hardly anything until I started really digging after he got arrested when I was pregnant.  A pregnancy that my Dr told me was impossible, BTW.

Quoting Anonymous:

You won't get termination so agree or it will take all day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)