Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do babies ever just cry for no reason?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

My little girl has cried so bad each night for the past few weeks. And it's not just a normal fussy cry. It's screaming, choking, bright red face, kicking, flailing, and real tears.
She has been doing this each night until about 4, sometimes 5am... Is there something wrong with her or is she just going through a normal baby phase?

She is 5 months and has no fever.  I have not had any changes in my diet... Idk what is wrong with her..

I have also tried gripe water and the pediatrician has checked her thoroughly when this started.  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Teething maybe?

doulala
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:45 AM

no, there is a reason.

Do you notice anything else going on with her?   Other changes?
Do you vaccinate?

Mail Myself to You
megan71108
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Theres a reason for that
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:46 AM

not normal get her to the doc and check her ears. also look for signs of teething. if she is tucking her legs give her some mylicon drops.  This is not a normal baby phase.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Yes I vaccinate. And there has not been a lot of changes... She has been picking and scratching at her face a lot...especially when I am nursing her. It usually leads to a crying spell. Her pedi said it was normal. She wants to be walked around and talked to 24/7 or she screams.. tonight even that isn't helping.

Quoting doulala:

no, there is a reason.

Do you vaccinate?

PEEK05
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:51 AM

That is definitely not normal, especially with a cry like that.  It's hard to figure it out sometimes.  :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:51 AM

She had her ears checked. She had her vaccinations over a month ago and has already been seen to about the ears and crying. :/

Quoting opinionatedmom:

not normal get her to the doc and check her ears. also look for signs of teething. if she is tucking her legs give her some mylicon drops.  This is not a normal baby phase.

PEEK05
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:52 AM

I would find a new pediatrician, one who would care to find out what is actually wrong with my baby!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I vaccinate. And there has not been a lot of changes... She has been picking and scratching at her face a lot...especially when I am nursing her. It usually leads to a crying spell. Her pedi said it was normal. She wants to be walked around and talked to 24/7 or she screams.. tonight even that isn't helping.

Quoting doulala:

no, there is a reason.

Do you vaccinate?

ilana_ny
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:52 AM

My son cried a lot at that age, but he was a bad pooper. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting doulala:

no, there is a reason.

Do you vaccinate?

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:53 AM

bump for help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured