Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MRI

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I had a car accident I was rear ended 11/29/2012 I have had a headache since. It goes away slightly with the norcos but never completely and I'm only prescribed two per day so I take them first thing in the morning and right before bed. I have an MRI on the 20 th. what exactly does this procedure entail? Can I eat breakfast and everything like normal? Any tips from someone that has had one?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:51 AM
You can still eat. Depends on what type of test, they may give you contrast and for some it makes them sick. I hope you get better. I was in a car accident June 7,2012, and I have been in pain EVERYDAY since. I see an orthopedic surgeon next month. I don't remember having headaches but I do have neck pain, constant back pain. I had an mri and it showed I have a herniated disc and bulging disc from l1 down and sciatica on both side and nerve damage. I really hope you will be ok. Car accidents are no joke...
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Thank you.. I've tried not taking meds at all my chest my back on top of the headache my neck isn't as bad anymore. Hope you get better soon too!

Quoting Anonymous:

You can still eat. Depends on what type of test, they may give you contrast and for some it makes them sick. I hope you get better. I was in a car accident June 7,2012, and I have been in pain EVERYDAY since. I see an orthopedic surgeon next month. I don't remember having headaches but I do have neck pain, constant back pain. I had an mri and it showed I have a herniated disc and bulging disc from l1 down and sciatica on both side and nerve damage. I really hope you will be ok. Car accidents are no joke...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Yea I tried not taking meds too, but it didn't work out that well for me lol. I have two little ones, a now 11 month old and a 4 yr old and I felt at the time that taking narcotics would hinder my ability to take care of my kids. It didn't but the actual pain does. I wait an hour before I get out of the bed because I know the first step I take out of bed will be painful. Smh. Chest pains are really serious so if it gets worse I would go to the er, because you may have fractered a rib. And Im sure the neck pain is whiplash because I had it to and since you were rear ended its very possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you.. I've tried not taking meds at all my chest my back on top of the headache my neck isn't as bad anymore. Hope you get better soon too!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:06 AM
The pain is more centered not in my rib area. But right where the seat belt lays.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea I tried not taking meds too, but it didn't work out that well for me lol. I have two little ones, a now 11 month old and a 4 yr old and I felt at the time that taking narcotics would hinder my ability to take care of my kids. It didn't but the actual pain does. I wait an hour before I get out of the bed because I know the first step I take out of bed will be painful. Smh. Chest pains are really serious so if it gets worse I would go to the er, because you may have fractered a rib. And Im sure the neck pain is whiplash because I had it to and since you were rear ended its very possible.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:10 AM

My daughter has to have an MRI every 3 months.  She has to have contrast and I never let her eat before, but I just found out at her last MRI that she was allowed to eat. 

gsdogsrule
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:12 AM

My DH just had one and he was instructed to be clean and dry but no products including deodorant. Also, no metal in the eyes. Seriously. The nurse asked if he was a welder or would be around flying metal. Apparently this is not good when having an MRI.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:16 AM
Because everyone hangs around flying metal at some point in life.. What are cavities filled with!?

Quoting gsdogsrule:

My DH just had one and he was instructed to be clean and dry but no products including deodorant. Also, no metal in the eyes. Seriously. The nurse asked if he was a welder or would be around flying metal. Apparently this is not good when having an MRI.

gsdogsrule
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:21 AM

I asked about fillings - they're okay, it's just a concern about small amounts of metal, ie from welding, that apparently causes burning (I'm guessing). Probably because of the nature of the cornea.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because everyone hangs around flying metal at some point in life.. What are cavities filled with!?

Quoting gsdogsrule:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Oh ok, I'm going to ask my sil because that sounds exactly like what happened to her in the accident we were in. She went to the hospital and they gave her pain meds, steriods and a muscle relaxer smh. She has not followed up with care though smh

Quoting Anonymous:

The pain is more centered not in my rib area. But right where the seat belt lays.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured