Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anybody how to make a rabbit soup?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
My df just shot this bunny with the bb gun because he wants to eat a rabbit soup (he is from mexico btw) . So since ive never cooked a rabbit i would like some ideas . So what do you say do you know of one or some?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skittlefart
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Nope. Never felt the need to shoot wildlife myself and cook it...would feel like a dick if I did. 

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Btw this is the rabbit it's small
o.O....
by Cara on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:04 AM

I thought this was going to be a joke....

I've had rabbit once and it tasted like tough chicken... Good luck?

RLT2
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:05 AM
4 moms liked this

Tell Elmer Fudd to shove it up his ass and order Pizza Hut.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:05 AM
2 moms liked this

"RABBIT STEW" 
3 lbs. carrots
6 potatoes
4 stalks celery
4 to 6 onions
6 wedges of cabbage
2 to 3 cubes of chicken bouillon
Pepper
Soup kettle with lid

Peel the onions. (If they are large, cut them in half.) Scrape carrots and cut into 2 inch pieces. Put them in the kettle, cover with water, add the bouillon and start it to boil. Scrub the potatoes and cut them in to quarters. Add them and the onions to the soup pot. Add more water if necessary. Wash and cut up the celery into 2 to 3 inch lengths, and add them also. Cut the cabbage into wedges and arrange them on top of the other vegetables. Add pepper and cover. In about 10 minutes poke the cabbage with a fork. Dinner is ready when the cabbage is tender. Serve with bread and butter
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:05 AM

1 - 10 of 32 for rabbit soup

Result Page: 1  2  3  4   Next

Saute brunoise in ... flour. Add chicken stock and simmer until barley is tender. Bind with cream and butter. Season rabbit and roast. Slice and garnish soup.

Boil rabbit for 1 hour ... 10 minutes. Add soups, parsley, rice ... greased casserole dish. Cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Serves 6.

Melt butter in ... remaining ingredients. Roll rabbit pieces in flour ... dressing and pour soup (diluted with 1/3 ... 325 degrees for 2 hours. 6 servings.

Place soup, water, carrots ... mix well. Put rabbit pieces in mixture ... taste. Cover Dutch oven and cook at 375 degrees for approximately 1 1/2 hours.

Roll rabbit in flour with ... quart casserole. Mix soup and 1 1/2 cans of water. Pour over rabbit. Bake at 350 degrees for about 2 hours or until tender.

Season cut up meat. Mix sour cream, soup and Worcestershire sauce. Add instant onions. Cook in slow cooker on low for 8 hours.

Peel the onions. ... onions to the soup pot. Add more ... the cabbage with a fork. Dinner is ready when the cabbage is tender. Serve with bread and butter.

Combine above ingredients in a large pot. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Check occasionally to see if water is ...

Season rabbit with salt, pepper ... a Dutch oven. Add can of soup, mushrooms and milk. Stir in wine. Cover and cook in oven at 350 degrees for one hour.

Roll rabbit in flour and ... one can cream of chicken soup. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees then continue baking 1 1/2 hours at 325 degrees or until done.

Result Page: 1  2  3  4   Next

top of page

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:06 AM
I can honestly say that i felt the same just by him telling me but whats done is done .

Quoting skittlefart:

Nope. Never felt the need to shoot wildlife myself and cook it...would feel like a dick if I did. 

littlesippycup
Dating Naked is hilarious!!
Today at 1:12 AM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Is he here legally =)

unspecified42
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Cook rabbit like chicken. It will taste less gamey if you soak it in milk overnight prior to cooking. And it really needed to be butchered (or at least bled) right away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlefart
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this

dammit RLT!  now I want pizza hut D:< *kicks* 

Quoting RLT2:

Tell Elmer Fudd to shove it up his ass and order Pizza Hut.

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)