Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Calling a vegan / vegetarian mommies (Edit)

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:35 AM
  • 22 Replies

So I'm SERIOUSLY wanting to become Vegan. the only down side is that it cost money to get started. So how did you get started, did you just up and one day go buy all vegan / vegetarian food's items, and donate, sell or throw away your old stuff? I find my self disgusted by the things in my kitchen because of how unhealthy they are, or by thinking of all the cruel things that happens to the animals we eat. (except the chicken's in my freezer, they are raised by my FIL and they take good care of their raised animals. Even though.. when I do this, I'll stop eating them too.)

Anyways, I need a hand here ladies. What did you do to start, how long did it take to adjust, and what are some good ways to start out? Also, what did it feel like when your body detoxed.. did you notice it happen, did it make you feel better during the process? 

Also, if you know of some places that'd be great to shop at in Michigan (Flint area) please let me know. 

(Edit) If anyone knows a good recipe or a site to get free ones for vegan meals, please let me know :)

I'm a belly dancing and sword fighting mama of 2. I'm married to my high school sweet heart. I plan on enlisting to the army very soon, and having more kids :)

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenGray
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:35 AM

BUMP!

GwenGray
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:39 AM

Must be to early to be asking these sorts of questions :P

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump
MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:46 AM
1 mom liked this
All the vegans must be sleeping.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GwenGray
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:19 AM

Really, everyone is sleeping? 

teal_phoenix
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:20 AM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Replace items as you go. Good luck.
teal_phoenix
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:29 AM

I want to reduce my dairy so bump. I am not going full vegan but I want to eat a lot more non dairy and a lot more veggies.

GwenGray
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:32 AM

thanks :) I think the dairy is where I'm going to struggle the hardest. I've always been HUGE on drinking milk. I go through it soo fast. But I'll be glad when I find a healthier source of calcium and vit. C I'm just worried I'll cave when it comes to milk :(

Quoting teal_phoenix:

I want to reduce my dairy so bump. I am not going full vegan but I want to eat a lot more non dairy and a lot more veggies.

I'm a belly dancing and sword fighting mama of 2. I'm married to my high school sweet heart. I plan on enlisting to the army very soon, and having more kids :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)