Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those of you who do not censor your children's music

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:00 AM
  • 497 Replies

I don't understand at all why you don't. Please listedn to the following few songs, and tell me if you'd let your kids listen to them, All but one is from my personal collection of music (The last one)

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
5PointedHuman
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Listen* 
Sorry for the typo! 

AleaKat
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:04 AM
43 moms liked this
Cause its my job to teach them right from wrong! I take responsibility and don't blame the music !
I listen to rap often in front of my kids. They know what words are grown up words and not to use them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pce68
by Patti on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:04 AM
5 moms liked this

I don't censor my dd's music but I know what she is listening to, and it is nothing like that. She doesn't like music like that. She likes christian music, country music, and some popular music, like Adele or Philip Phillips, Katy Perry, that sort of thing.

Aleta775
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:04 AM
23 moms liked this

Why are you not censoring yourself? All of this music is shitty. Oh, and I do censor what my dd listens to.

.ChiMama.
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:05 AM
Immortal technique is not shitty

Quoting Aleta775:

Why are you not censoring yourself. All of this music is shitty. Oh, and I do censor what my dd listens to.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3infl
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Well I have never heard of those and my kids havent either-but we dont censor.  Most of the times my kids or I pay attention to lyrics it is the beat of the music.

.ChiMama.
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:07 AM
3 moms liked this
I try to censor what my kids listen to. I was recently shocked to hear that Bruno Mars song on the radio, it said "the sex takes me to paradise." I really don't want my dd singing that crap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:08 AM
5 moms liked this
I beg to differ.

Quoting .ChiMama.:

Immortal technique is not shitty

Quoting Aleta775:

Why are you not censoring yourself. All of this music is shitty. Oh, and I do censor what my dd listens to.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
5PointedHuman
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:08 AM

For now she does, and I hope she continues on the path that you favour for her, but what if she at the age of 15 or so brought this home?

Quoting pce68:

I don't censor my dd's music but I know what she is listening to, and it is nothing like that. She doesn't like music like that. She likes christian music, country music, and some popular music, like Adele or Philip Phillips, Katy Perry, that sort of thing.

kmt_771
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:09 AM
2 moms liked this

I do censor some things but not all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)