Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you tell DH?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

Poll

Question: Do I tell him and risk the very close friendship we all share? Or Do I pretend it never happened?

Options:

Tell Him

Never say a word

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 30

View Results

Myself, DH of 15 years and a shared male friend  we have all been friends for a very long time. We are all very close. We have complete trust with each other. DH and our friend go out for drinks, Myself and this close friend sit around some nights when DH is at work just talking and watching movies to keep me company. We have been 3 best friends since high school and nothing has ever changed besides I married my DH and our friend became the third wheel. Until a week ago. All three of us got very drunk, we were talking about what has hurt us in the past. Our friend said his mother (she was addicted and abusive) and began having a drunken cry, DH has passed out on the sofa by this stage and myself and our friend were alone sitting out in the yard talking. The mood changed, He kissed me. I pulled away and said this cant happen, you know we are friends let not ruin the relationship us three share. He said he was sorry and cried again. He told me he loved me, he always had and he knew that he would have to watch me love someone else. He said he was sorry to tell me this that I didn't need to hear it and that if he had the choice he would chose to have no feelings for me.

I don't know what to do? Do I tell DH?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momaof8
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:33 AM

where are your kids when daddy is passed out and mommy is drunk with another guy?

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:34 AM
I'd act like it never happened.
Only If you can get past it that is..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:35 AM

My kids are 11, 12 and 16. They were in bed or out at a friends.

Quoting momaof8:

where are your kids when daddy is passed out and mommy is drunk with another guy?

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Let it alone unless he tries something stupid again.

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Yup! I'd tell him. I'd feel very uncomfortable and I'm sure my boyfriend would suspect something so instead of being secretive and looking guilty I'd just tell the truth.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:36 AM

sounds like it's time to say goodbye to childhood memories, before you make memories you'll regret.  Yes, tell your dh and vow to stay away from this 'friend' from now on, if you want to save your marriage. 

coleysmama
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:38 AM
I wouldn't be able to look my dh in the eye knowing that happened and I kept it a secret.
momaof8
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this

what if your 11 year old came down and saw the drunken mess?   I would tell your hubby and clean up your act.

Quoting Anonymous:

My kids are 11, 12 and 16. They were in bed or out at a friends.

Quoting momaof8:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:38 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:40 AM

He was drunk. Talk to him sober. Make sure the feelings are real. If they are then create your own distance. Don't tell dh why you decided to stop being buddy with him. He'll move on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN