Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No, I don't want a mortgage

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 206 Replies
2 moms liked this

not at my age....if i was to get a 30yr mortgage, i'd be nearly 80 before my house is paid off...no thanks!! i'll continue to rent and let the land lord pay all the things that need fixing, as well as the taxes.  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I agree with you! I am nearly 50 now, we rent. I think I'd just prefer to continue renting.Not having to worry about the furnace or hot water tank, or even the fridge going out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:49 AM
24 moms liked this

You know you don't have to keep it 30 years, right?  You can keep it 10, build up equity, get the tax deduction (huge amount!), then sell it in 10 years for a profit.  It's odd you view the term of a mortgage as the length of time you must keep the house.

CuriousArentYa
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Okay, whatever floats your boat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:49 AM
2 moms liked this

why not do a 15 year fixed? Why not do a 30 year and have something to leave your children! Or, somewhere to live when you are 80 and can't work anymore.....This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard!

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Okay.  But a fifteen year mortgage would only leave you near 65.  ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Im happy renting too :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Cool story, bro!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:51 AM

yes at this point we are getting ready for an empty nest next year...i don't want to buy a house and be tied down anymore!!  I want to travel. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with you! I am nearly 50 now, we rent. I think I'd just prefer to continue renting.Not having to worry about the furnace or hot water tank, or even the fridge going out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:51 AM
5 moms liked this
That is sad to be your age and not own a home. I'm not into letting others benefit from my money, buying a house at almost any age is a good investment imo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:51 AM

i've owned a couple of them in the past....i wouldn't do it again

Quoting Anonymous:

That is sad to be your age and not own a home. I'm not into letting others benefit from my money, buying a house at almost any age is a good investment imo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)