Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband got upset with me for this...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 118 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, his step mom texted him last night and said that they would like us to come down for Easter dinner. The thing is, it's an 8 or 9 hour drive, I'll be 20+ weeks pregnant, and we have a 2 and 4 year old that will need to stop to pee every hour or so.

I told him I really don't want to drive that far in 2 days because of being pregnant. I've been having awful back pain, I had the same with our first daughter the whole pregnancy too. Sitting for prolonged amounts of time really sucks, not to mention being so far from my docs and all in case something were to happen.

He seriously got upset with me about this... Doesn't it make sense for a pregnant woman to not want to sit in a car for 16 hours within a 48 hour period? I mean.. really.. I don't get why he's upset with me. I just want to go now to spite him and show him how miserable he made me by making me go.

EDIT: Okay, i'm adding that I am  NOT using this as a handicap. This is a long drive and I don't want to go anyway. I don't like being away from home, spending nights at other peoples' homes. I have anxiety from this because of something that happened to me when I was younger. I'm not being "whiny." I have bad back pain when I sit for long periods, more than an hour. That's too long of a drive for a weekend. Also, I am high-risk. I forgot to add that before.

Eh, I guess part if it is that I don't really want to go. He doesn't etiher, he's just getting pressured to go. He's always tried to impress his father because he wasn't there as a kid. I don't like his family. I don't think we should go out of our way to make them happy. Also, we already planned Easter with my mom who has no one else and she  CAN'T drive that far of a distance because of illness.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:04 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:06 PM
12 moms liked this
People who use pregnancy as a "handicap" bother me.
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I wouldn't want to go either but not because of the pregnancy, thats along drive just for dinner.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugh. Did you even read the OP?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
4 moms liked this

At 20 weeks, I dont see any reason not to go... it is safe to travel at that time and it may be the last time for a while... so I would go! 

edelweiss23
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Oh hell no!!
I used to drive 16 hours round trip in highschool to play in an orchestra in maryland(we were living in Maine) every few weekends.

I wasn't pregnant and it was hell! I would never do it pregnant.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
Yes as a matter of fact I did.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh. Did you even read the OP?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:09 PM
5 moms liked this

tell him to grow a spine and tell him to tell step mom you  are in no condition to travel and they are welcome at your house instead. 

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:09 PM
For a week I would....for a weekend that is too far

Can they come to you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:10 PM

tell him to go by him self . i mean this way you both get what you want or invite them to yuor place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)