Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anybody Not in a Hurry To File Taxes?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

As long as we do it before the deadline in April, we're good. We take our time and do it at our leisure. We do get a nominal refund (usually around $1,200.00-$1,500.00) but don't need it ASAP to pay bills or buy big ticket luxury items or go ona trip. It gets direct deposited into checking and we just go on living our lives...no special shopping trips to blow it...GASP!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:55 AM
good for you
blueeyedpixie
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:57 AM
It goes in savings for us, so no hurry. But our accountant books up a year in advance so we go whenever our appointment is we made the year before.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nsparky1964
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Same here, no big hurry for us..we have it deposited and forget about it...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM
No, we owe every year.
CuriousArentYa
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I wasn't, but we are in the middle of remodeling our house, everything is out of place, the w-2s got misplaced once and I was about to let it happen again so I went ahead and filed before I lost all of the paperwork. We have a filing cabinet but it got knocked over and papers were everywhere. We finally have things somewhat back together. 

anotherhalf
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Nope. My accountant books up quickly so I take whatever apppintment I can get. Not filing until next week and if we get a refund it will be budgeted just like a regular paycheck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:29 AM

My BIL is an accountant and does our taxes every year. He lives in a different town than us so we just pop everything into the mail and like magic, a week or two later the completed return appears in the mail and the money appears in our account. Beats those annoying appointments all to heck!

Aeonix
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:30 AM

pretty sure we will owe a good sized chunk to state, so no, not in any hurry lol.

dbrown1989
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:31 AM

We're waiting til April...we're buying a house and planning on using that money to pay our first month's mortgage payment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:32 AM
We usually have to pay so we wait
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN