Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why do people say ff babies are fat and bf babies are skinny?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies
Ds(5m) is bf hes never had a drop of formula and dd(2y) was ff. Ds is way chubbier than dd was at this age.i do see the healthier aspect.dd seemed to always be sick and ds still hasnt been sick
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
edelweiss23
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:54 AM
My 2 bf babies were fatter then my ff baby
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:55 AM

haha my bf daughter was a chubby little thing.  she's growing out of it & now is a good weight but she was a lil chubbster :)

Leilisemia
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:56 AM
2 moms liked this

well, I heard that bf babies are fatter babies, and skinnier kids/adults. FF babies are skinnier babies, but are at a higher risk of being overweight as children/ adults. 

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:57 AM

My kids were on formula. They are both healthy, rarely ever sick, and tall/skinny.

IFartGlitter
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Im  not sure. My daughter (3) was FF almost entirely. She only had BM for about a month. Shes thin as a rail! My son (21 months) has always been chunky and is just now slimming out, despite being EBF. 

NikkiDoll
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM

IDK...I exclusively bf my daughter until she was 13 months and she has always been a chunk.

furbabymum
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I've always known it to the be the opposite. BF babies have always had more chub that I've known.

lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM
My bf'd ds 1 was always around the 10% for weight and bf'd ds 2 has been in the 1% for a long time now. They hit milestones early and are very healthy, just skinny.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Ignorance
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Loving19mommy92
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM

My dd was almost 12 pounds, so I am no help, my nephew was ff and he is 28 pounds at 1 and dd is 32, they are to the day one year apart, my firends baby isn't even 20 pounds a 2 and she was bf for a year and ff for 9 of the second year,(her parents are tiny though and she is healthy) so I think it depends on the baby.

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)