Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**This is Not a Test. The Dead Are Rising.**

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 46 Replies

Zombie attack emergency alert in Montana: ‘Dead bodies rising from the grave’

Zombie attack emergency alert in Montana:  ‘Dead bodies rising from the grave’

News of a zombie attack and zombie apocalypse was broadcast by the Emergency Alert System of Great Falls on Monday. The emergency alert was issued for several counties in Montana and warned that “dead bodies are rising from their graves,” reports Politico on Feb. 11, 2013.

The emergency alert featured a scrolling warning with a voice-over claiming that dead bodies were rising from the grave and attacking the living. It also urged people to use caution.

“Do not attempt to approach or apprehend these bodies as they are extremely dangerous.”

When Montana’s regular television programming was interrupted with the news of the zombie attack and zombie apocalypse, a few confused television viewers called the Great Falls Police Department.

Since the police department had not received any emergency calls or reports about any dead bodies having risen from the graves and causing public disturbances, the police did not respond the same way as some scared television viewers did.

Shortly after the emergency announcement of the zombie attack, the Montana Television Network clarified that the emergency was not issued by the television station or any emergency officials but that hackers had broken into the Emergency Alert System of Great Falls affiliate KRTV and its CW station and issued the zombie attack warning.

“The emergency alert was issued during afternoon programming on KRTV, a CBS affiliate. On KRTV’s website and Facebook page, the station says the hacking came from an outside source and station officials are working to find out how this happened.”

KRTV Montana’s "Zombie Attack" emergency alert system message can be viewed on YouTube.

But beware, -- the annoying system alert tone makes one wish that a zombie would indeed rise up from the dead and stop the sound.

what would you do?

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Lol lol lol I knew it was gonna happen!!! Ah!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
3gr8tKids
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Just goes to show you people aren't idiots.
only 6 people called authorities.
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:03 AM

LOL gotta love hackers.

CanInTex
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Too funny...

Anyone have the "perfect pancake"? Is it really perfect?
Ninjabubble
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:07 AM
This was all over my Facebook feed last night and this morning. I love living in Montana :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I don't really like pancakes. :o( My dad had the egg one that you make omelets in the microwave with. It wasn't that bad.

Quoting CanInTex:

Too funny...

Anyone have the "perfect pancake"? Is it really perfect?
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:23 PM

do you live close to where this is? i would be upset if i were in an area it aired and didnt see it. lol.

Quoting Ninjabubble:

This was all over my Facebook feed last night and this morning. I love living in Montana :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Just you wait, when the real zombie apocalypse comes me and those 6 people will be the only ones alive haha jk
Ninjabubble
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:05 PM
I am 4 hours away. And even if I lived in Great Falls, I wouldn't have heard it since I don't have cable!

Quoting dmarie2101:

do you live close to where this is? i would be upset if i were in an area it aired and didnt see it. lol.

Quoting Ninjabubble:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)