Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have a beauty related question?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:51 PM
  • 57 Replies
I'll try my best to help you :) I feel like giving some tips today lol

So ask me anything that is beauty related and I promise to try to help you :) I don't have all the answers but I can sure try lol

Just for fun ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
I_luv_my_boys3
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:51 PM
BUMP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Are you a professional?
What is the different between a salon and a hair cuttery? I mean besides quality. Is it extra schooling?
luvmyaustin
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:56 PM

ok hair questions...

i have frizzy curly thin below my shoulder hair its dry as heck i wash it every few days about two days between i trim it regularly condition it you name it it gets greasy on the roots and is dry the rest of the way i need help to tame it i barely use conditioner on the top help can you give me hair answers???

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:57 PM
foundation...what brand at walmart can I buy that works just as well as the expensive stuff?
thecoffeefairy
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:58 PM
I went for straight across bangs and I hate them. How long should they be before I angle them again? They are eyebrow length or a tad longer now. I have a double cowlick and it sucks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bethie_perez
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:59 PM

This is my natural color I have natural highlights dh wants me to dye it dark what color tones would suggest
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Ok fix me.....I've had some health issues and I need some sprucing up, what can I do with my eyes, more lip...ugh just everything please be nice! My hair I usually have bangs and hair straightened....again, please be nice! :) Thank you!

I_luv_my_boys3
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:09 PM
I did go to cosmetology school but I'm in the process of getting my state board license. Hope that answers your question lol ;)

As for what's the difference between a salon & a hair cuttery... To be honest I think it's the same. As for extra schooling... I don't really know how their school's work but for example for me I did 11ms at Marinello's School's of Beauty but I can still further my education by more attending classes & they don't necessarily mean going back to the school I gratuated from. It can be from a salon I'm going to work for (for example, let's say Tony & Guy). Hope these answered your questions :) I tried with the best of my knowledge :) xoxo

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you a professional?

What is the different between a salon and a hair cuttery? I mean besides quality. Is it extra schooling?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
I_luv_my_boys3
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:33 PM
I know exactly what you mean! I struggled with that for a while only thing is my hair tends to be thick :( Anywhoo, first off what kind of shampoo & conditioner are you regularly using as of right now? Is your hair color treated? These are questions I need to ask first :) When you're in the shower grab a wide tooth comb & after you have applied your conditioner to your ends start combing your hair. Rinse thoroughly til all of it is out of your hair. Once you step out of the shower DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT dry your hair with a towel! Instead use a T-shirt preferably made out of cotton. Do not blow dry your hair or comb your hair once your has completely dried. I use a leave in coditioner which works wonders for my natural curls & controls my frizz & it also does not make my hair oily what so ever (from Enjoy). Best drugstore shampoo and conditioner so far for me is Clear scalp & therapy shampoo & conditioner (Frizz Control) it's only $4 each at Wal-Mart I believe. Also, with to help control the oil at your roots try using Pssst! Dry shampoo (can also be found at Wal-Mart) or simply try using a tiny amount of baby powfer to help reduce it :) As for your dry ends I suggest using a mask aka deep conditioning once a week! Only apply it at the ends as you would with regular conditioner just put a plastic bag over your hair or a shower cap which ever you'd prefer ;) & while your waiting on that just wash your body in the shower ect. & then rinse. You can use Macadamia's which is a little pricey ($23 at Target) or Treseme has a good one also ;) Hope this helps!

Quoting luvmyaustin:

ok hair questions...

i have frizzy curly thin below my shoulder hair its dry as heck i wash it every few days about two days between i trim it regularly condition it you name it it gets greasy on the roots and is dry the rest of the way i need help to tame it i barely use conditioner on the top help can you give me hair answers???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:35 PM
You look a lot like one of my aunts :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok fix me.....I've had some health issues and I need some sprucing up, what can I do with my eyes, more lip...ugh just everything please be nice! My hair I usually have bangs and hair straightened....again, please be nice! :) Thank you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)