Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
My husband. He only does the clown thing 3 days a week anymore, and two of them are on my days off. So in the 4 days that I'm at work and he's at home, you'd think he'd clean up yeah? Fucking, no. I get home and he says "I did a load of dishes, those are new." No they're not. They've got stuff on them from dinner last night when you said you'd do them because after I worked all day long, I got home and made dinner. I'm neither stupid nor blind, those are the same damn dishes, with the same shit upon them. Maybe once a week I'll get home and I can tell that he actually cleaned the living room, and swept. He's not cleaned the bathroom once in the 8 years we've been together.

He's a terrible housewife.

*sigh*

I smile and do what I can with the energy I have, but damn, you'd think he could at least wipe his makeup out of the sink every now and again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Replies (31-40):
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Were you ever on Wife Swap.??  I'd sit down and talk to him about it. Maybe he needs a list of what needs to be done... Some people just don't see it

Judesmom333
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:44 PM
lmao
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NBean311
by Chivette on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I'm terrified of clowns, so that would be a no for me. But if you like them, then yeah! 

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Yup. Awesome right? :o)

Quoting NBean311:

Your DH is a clown? 

AnnieMcD
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:45 PM
That I lost you. However can I recover?

Quoting Anonymous:

Devastated that he isn't a wife?  That he doesn't do dishes? That he has a  'clown thing'?

Quoting AnnieMcD:

I am devastated.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry, you lost me at 'clown thing'

AnnieMcD
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Why would it not be? There are clowns in the world. They are often married.

Quoting mary841108:

is this for real?

AnnieMcD
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Know who isn't a murderous pedophile? Husband. Just sayin'...

Quoting Anonymous:

You know who else was a clown? John Wayne Gacy. Just sayin'...
mary841108
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

because I can not fathom any self respecting woman marrying a man that has a 'career' as a clown, hobby sure, job no.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Why would it not be? There are clowns in the world. They are often married.

Quoting mary841108:

is this for real?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I picked myself back up and read through the rest.  Perhaps the problem is you are referring to him as a 'house wife'?  Maybe that hurts his self-esteem?  You'd think he could laugh it off, you know, being a clown and all.  Does he plan on this being a career or just a hobby?  How does one raise a family on clown salary?

Quoting AnnieMcD:

That I lost you. However can I recover?

Quoting Anonymous:

Devastated that he isn't a wife?  That he doesn't do dishes? That he has a  'clown thing'?

Quoting AnnieMcD:

I am devastated.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry, you lost me at 'clown thing'

AnnieMcD
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM
That's a really great idea. The Boy is getting old enough to need some chores of his own too, it would be nice to have a family chore chart. :o)

Quoting Spinner123:

Sit down with him and create a schedule of chores, then initial which ones you're responsible for and have him initial which one's he's responsible for.  From the list you can create a daily to-do list that may keep him on track.  Sometimes people don't mean to dis you, they just don't think about it.  The best way to get what you want is to make expectations very clear.

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Sorry I feel like I'm missing something lol but I can't deny one of my favorite members a reply.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)