Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
My husband. He only does the clown thing 3 days a week anymore, and two of them are on my days off. So in the 4 days that I'm at work and he's at home, you'd think he'd clean up yeah? Fucking, no. I get home and he says "I did a load of dishes, those are new." No they're not. They've got stuff on them from dinner last night when you said you'd do them because after I worked all day long, I got home and made dinner. I'm neither stupid nor blind, those are the same damn dishes, with the same shit upon them. Maybe once a week I'll get home and I can tell that he actually cleaned the living room, and swept. He's not cleaned the bathroom once in the 8 years we've been together.

He's a terrible housewife.

*sigh*

I smile and do what I can with the energy I have, but damn, you'd think he could at least wipe his makeup out of the sink every now and again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM

That's what Gacy's family said until he was caught.  Just sayin'...

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Know who isn't a murderous pedophile? Husband. Just sayin'...

Quoting Anonymous:

You know who else was a clown? John Wayne Gacy. Just sayin'...

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:49 PM

May I ask you a question?  You don't have to answer if it's too personal, but I read once that a large number of clowns suffer from depression and I found that fascinating!  Do you think maybe he's depressed and it's affecting his energy level?

annasew
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

You married a clown what do you expect.

thecoffeefairy
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I would say honey, get off your ass and fix me some dinner! Nah, but I really would expect him to.
AnnieMcD
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Thanks. I don't understand why so many people have a problem with it. I mean he doesn't bring in much money, but he can't work a traditional job and when business is good it's really good. He brought home $160 on Saturday. That's more than I make in a day.
As for the chores, I'm going to think of a chore chart as a PP suggested, and in the meantime I'm just going to let him be happy that he gets to spend his days playing with the Boy. It's cute, even if I become exhausted the minute I walk in the house because of everything I see that could have been done while I was at work. Especially when I see that he took a nap while The Boy was at school...

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think there is anything wrong with your husband being a clown. As long as he enjoys it, that's all that matters. As far as him cleaning up, well sometimes you just have to spell everything out for them. That's the way my husband is sometimes. It does get aggravating at times.
AnnieMcD
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Nope, but I caught a bit of that episode. It was ... weird.

Quoting wooly:

Were you ever on Wife Swap.??  I'd sit down and talk to him about it. Maybe he needs a list of what needs to be done... Some people just don't see it

AnnieMcD
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:53 PM
More people are than you might imagine.

Quoting NBean311:

Well, I'm terrified of clowns, so that would be a no for me. But if you like them, then yeah! 

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Yup. Awesome right? :o)

Quoting NBean311:

Your DH is a clown? 

AnnieMcD
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:55 PM
I don't refer to him as a housewife, he does. And his self-esteem is a bit in the toilet lately. Mostly because he used to bring home several hundred dollars a week, and now it's down to maybe a couple hundred a month. This is his only job/career and he's been doing it since he was 10. He can't work a traditional job, and this works well for our family. One doesn't raise a family on a clown's income, which is why I work a job and a half to pay the bills. But his cash income covers little things like, you know, food. So it all works out.

Quoting Anonymous:

I picked myself back up and read through the rest.  Perhaps the problem is you are referring to him as a 'house wife'?  Maybe that hurts his self-esteem?  You'd think he could laugh it off, you know, being a clown and all.  Does he plan on this being a career or just a hobby?  How does one raise a family on clown salary?

Quoting AnnieMcD:

That I lost you. However can I recover?

Quoting Anonymous:

Devastated that he isn't a wife?  That he doesn't do dishes? That he has a  'clown thing'?

Quoting AnnieMcD:

I am devastated.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry, you lost me at 'clown thing'

Alyia72
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:56 PM

omg doesnt that suck? I was in the hospital last week for only two days... and when I got home OMG my house was trashed...It took me two days to get just the downstairs done having to stop and rest every so often.. I told him I wanted a gold plated engraved plaque saying that he agrees he could never do all that I do in a day.. And he had help!!! his dad and stepmom were here to help him with the kids....Now he did awesome with the girls ill give him aside from them having food in there hair when i got home and needed a bath we have 20 month old triplets and there a handful for even me I know its a challenge but could u at least load the dang dishwasher...It was at the point he was washing items hand as needed lol. It would have taken less time to just load the dishwasher....  It wasent as clean as usual because I had been sick for the two weeks prior but still ewww I wanted to cry.

Quoting VannaMae307:

I was in the hospital for 5 days recently, and he got to stay home with our son....I did more the day after I got home (after having an appendectomy) than he did in the ENTIRE 5 DAYS. Mine sucks as a damn housewife too, he bowed down to my domestic superiority!

BTW I love clowns, if you're being serious. I want to go to clown school and be a volunteer at kid hospitals.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:57 PM

can't sleep clowns will eat me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)