Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yeah I am impressed with US!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:50 PM
  • 12 Replies

so our dryer was on the verge of dying now for almost a year - my husband has been keeping it going by shoving a sock up in the drum where the insulation strip fell out -- this thing makes the most horrid noise unless that damn sock is shoved up there just right - which seems only he can manage... but he has kept on manuvering it to make the dryer last --- well last night it had its last tumble -- it was full of wet clothes and the washer full too of wet clothes and it just said nope aint gunna do it --- so we literally went to Lowe's bargained for a floor model that we wanted instead of waiting a week for delivery - hello wet clothes on deck --- we hauled her home - unhooked - rehooked and whala!  New dryer in exactly an hour!!!!!!!!!!  I felt like the appliance couple rock stars!!!!!!!  I remember my dad and step-mom almost filing divorce papers the last time they bought a major appliance hehehehehe ---  do you and your S/O just have kick ass chemistry when it comes to handling stuff around the house or do you duke it out????  

SterlingHeart

"these ramblings courtesy of a mom over 40"

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jers.
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I love it - way to go you two! 

thecoffeefairy
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:52 PM
He procrastinates fixing/ replacing item till I draw the line in the sand.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:52 PM

it is usually my husband pickin gout some pretty kick ass stuff lol.

I gave up a long time ago because I got for the deals but he has to have the best of every thing so I just go with it now lol my as well not worth fighting about and we get nice stuff lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:55 PM
We bought a new screen door the other day. We disagreed over the color for a minute, but I don't see how an appliance could cause a divorce ! Lol
SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:56 PM

we bought a cheap ass Roper brand but had a nice capacity and under 400 bucks with my son's Lowe's family discount and the small discount for it being a floor model --- i feel like i scored -- the reviews were 95% posative so feel like we got a smoking deal --- i love that it has simple controls cause my kids do their own stuff -- turn knob and push to start -- no bells or whistles!!!!  just dry my damn shit quick kinda deal :) 

SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:59 PM

it was actually over a damn dish washer -- she wanted some high end kind that could dissolve a cake (just like in the commercial) and he was like - that has more options and controls than my damn car we ain't taking out a loan to wash dishes woman --- i swear it was nothing short of comical --- cause he could afford a dish washer on the space station but is just a cheap old bird -- love him!!!!  

Quoting Anonymous:

We bought a new screen door the other day. We disagreed over the color for a minute, but I don't see how an appliance could cause a divorce ! Lol

SterlingHeart

"these ramblings courtesy of a mom over 40"

monkeymom1104
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Awesomesauce! No we are the same way. I like floor models, or scratch and dent. We saved almost $500 on our last couch because it had a small 1 inch tear in the back, plus 25% off that because it was also the floor model. The tear was a cinch, they gave me a kit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JayeC2
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I'm the fixer in the house - his attitude is "Oh, it died.  Guess we'll go without until we have $ for a new one."  I will tear into darn near anything to see if I can fix it....LOL

Marja2011
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:04 PM
If we really need it we work it out to get it, like when I accidently broke the toilet with his aftershave. Its mostly we have to have the money set aside for it. Next thing we replace is my 10 year old dishwasher.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Dh has amazing taste so he usually picks stuff up. But I have to set the budget lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)