Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help, I'm about to lose my home, no fault of my own...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies

My Ex is kicking me and my child out... we have to be out this weekend. He's being selfish and not thinking about anyone but himself. I have no where to go. I have no family or friends, and even though I do have a full time job, I don't have enough saved to be able to pay a deposit and 1st months rent (I put all of my money into our current home) and 90% of the places in our city are a little more than I can afford. I want to stay in City since my DD is in school, and  her world is changing as quickly as mine has and I want this to be as easy on her as possible.
Is there any programs that help people in this situation?
Other than HUD or Section 8?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:01 PM

who's home is it?

ladysamanda
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Cant you kick him out??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hutersmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:02 PM
7 moms liked this
He can't throw you out he has to evict you if you have to go to court over it especially if that's his kid.

Can you prove you put a substantial amount of money into the home? If you can ou should be able to sue him for that as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

my butt wouldn't be going anywhere! he can leave

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:04 PM
What city do you live in?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I think this is a form of abuse. If you have nowhere to go could you try a shelter for abused women...I think you have been emotionally abused.

smcclure2005
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I do not know about where you live but here in Indiana if you reside with someone for a certain amount of time ( I am not sure how long that is) but they have to evict you from the home he cannot just throw you out.  An office told this to one of my friends not 3 months ago when her bf tried to put her out. I would look into that and if that is the case where you live that will by you a little saving time. Good Luck hun

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you receive mail there? I don't think he can legally do that, especially if you have a small child.

Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:05 PM

=( Why don't you make him leave?

SillySally83
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Is you name on the deed or lease? If yes, he can't kick you out, period. If not, you can take it to court and he may not be able to kick you out because of the child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)