Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just can't justify

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

spending $600+ on a freaking hearing aid for myself!  Ugh!  I know I need it but its stinking hard justifing it!  I am just one of those moms that can always find somewhere else better to spend the money. 

ETA:  I will get it!  Its just it sucks that the insurance that I pay over 9 grand a year for for me and my daughter won't pay a dime of it!  The drs office did give me names and numbers of a few places that help people pay for their hearing aids thats of no cost to me so right now we (my mom is helping me) are looking in to them right now.  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luna091306
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I know what you mean and that's the very reason I've put off dental work that needs to be done.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I am one of those Mom's too

MrsRinehart2010
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:13 PM

yeah I would love to have a hearing aid for my left ear I cant hear out of it now due to having problems with it my whole life ,, I just can afford it :O( I will eventually need one for both ears and then later on will lose all hear regardless of hearing aids or not . I could have surgry but theres is only a slim chance that it will take and if it does its only temporary. in my case its not fast progressing but its a reality for my future down the road wethter its a year, 10, of 40 . :O(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:14 PM

If you need it though, you need it. It might be hard to justify, but it'll probably be better in the long run if you pay up now.

ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:14 PM

divide the cost by how many days you'll use it and you'll find it's quite economical.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:15 PM
I know that feeling mama, its why half of my clothes are stiched up repetedly rather than just going and getting some thing new. We have the money to get some new ones for me but I think it can go to other things or for when my DS needs new clothes.
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:19 PM

If I needed the hearing aid, I'd get it and not feel an ounce of guilt. I do the same thing for my glasses, I need glasses, I will be making an appointment and getting glasses. Just because I'm a mom doesn't mean I need to neglect myself.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I know the feeling. But I'd get it done if I were you. You will be happy you did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:20 PM

I wouldn't put off that dental work too long.  what could have been $1,000 worth of work is now over $9,000, and I still have the fillings and a bridge left to go.

Quoting Luna091306:

I know what you mean and that's the very reason I've put off dental work that needs to be done.

Nunyabusiness
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Same here. Just do it! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured