Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Confession: I'm A Shoe....

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this
Nazi.

My son is barefoot or in stride rite shoes and that's it. I refuse to put him in anything else because shoes are horrible for children until the age of three.

Cheap shoes or even expensive ones ( ie Nike, Adidas) are still bad because they force the foot into unnatural shape ( the arch). The foot stops being mailable at the age of three or shortly there after.

I pay $40 a pair for my sons shoes ( sometimes less if I find a sale) I actually have a shoe savings for him ( lol).

So that's my confession for the day.

Off to make dinner.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:30 PM
I fucking HATE shoes!!! So do my sons :)
poshkat
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:31 PM
2 moms liked this

ok? i unlike many people won't spend 40 bucks on shoes my kid will outgrow in 2 months. 

GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:32 PM
So do I! My son prefers not to wear them but we actually have seasons here so he has to :-p.

I tried on a pair of the stride rite shoes ( I wear a 4 in boys) and holy moly they were comfy!

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this
That makes me sad that your reasoning is $ when it should be about your child's well being.

Many foot issues arise in children because of crappy shoes.

Quoting poshkat:

ok? i unlike many people won't spend 40 bucks on shoes my kid will outgrow in 2 months. 

jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha!! Seasons? What are these seasons you speak of?

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

So do I! My son prefers not to wear them but we actually have seasons here so he has to :-p.

I tried on a pair of the stride rite shoes ( I wear a 4 in boys) and holy moly they were comfy!

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

poshkat
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:34 PM

so be sad. my son is a happy child who runs around in his 8 dollar sneakers and when he rips them he gets to choose new ones. yay for him!

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

That makes me sad that your reasoning is $ when it should be about your child's well being.

Many foot issues arise in children because of crappy shoes.

Quoting poshkat:

jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:35 PM
And what's for dinner?
xXxLillithxXx
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I wore crappy shoes my entire life and my feet are fine. But if you have the money why not.

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I had a child who was obsessed with shoes. In fact, to punish him if he acted out in the store, I'd remove one of his shoes while he sat in the cart. Boy, that kid would sob like his heart was breaking, "Please, Mum...I'll be good...just lemme have my shoe on! I'm soooooorrrrryyyyy!".

Lol.

He's grown now and carries a picture of Cher's feet in his wallet. He says her feet are the prettiest feet he ever has seen. 

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:36 PM

My under-3ling (I made that up) wears a lot of chucks. I would think those would be ok. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)