Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if your so has had a vasectomy.... *update!!!*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
UPDATE!!
So I got to go with and I watched. It was pretty frickin cool and I got a VERY good laugh watching him tape his dick to his stomach Lmfao and then watch 5 guys manhandle him lol

and then everyone said different things.. either 6-8 weeks for sperm count or 12 weeks. So is too eager. Lol so far so good though.. he's drugged and a bit sore but doing fine... we'll see what happens tomorrow. Thanks for all the input!!!

I have a couple questions.

Did they do a sperm count to check if it took afterwards? My so is getting his done and I brought it up and he said his doc never mentioned it.

And how long till he was back to performing?

Anything else I should know?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
Behindthelense
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Yes, and about 2 weeks. 

MyGirlsAbbyLiz
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Yes they do nut my dh didn't go do it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I totally need my husband to go in for one...I wonder if insurance would cover it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:47 PM
I was with my dh when he got his done..it wasn't a "cool" moment for me since I was PISSED he was getting it done. He got it done 2yrs ago (March 4th) and he will be getting it reversed March 28th. Cost us $500 to do the vasectomy it's going to cost us $3200 to get it reversed lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Lmfao I meant when He got snipped bahahahaha!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol no I didn't. They gave him a cup to "go" in at home an bring it in right away afterwards.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh! Did you go with him?! I asked if I could... I wanna watch lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes my husband had to go back 3 months after to do a sperm count then he was suppose to go back 6 months, but since it was cleared the first time he didn't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Yes it does

Quoting Anonymous:

I totally need my husband to go in for one...I wonder if insurance would cover it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes it does

Quoting Anonymous:

Damn, I'm all excited now, gotta talk to the husband when he wakes up.

momalee40
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:53 PM
My dh had it done last yr. Yes, they do check after so many ejaculations, like 20 or so. Yes, you want to have that checked but from experience, i would insist on another check a few months after that . We were given the all clear after his surgery and check up and a few months later, surprise ! Im pregnant ! My OB says should always be checked twice. As for performance, it was several days before he was ready to try and said it was pretty painful when he got off. Get a couple bags of frozen peas, they make really good , cheap n reusable ice packs .
momalee40
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Yes my husband had to go back 3 months after to do a sperm count then he was suppose to go back 6 months, but since it was cleared the first time he didn't.

. My dh was cleared first time too but apparently they missed one cause im now due to deliver in 4 wks ! My OB said he has seen it many times and they should always have you come back for a 2nd check.
peggytoo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Quoting curlycupcake:

Yes. Need to know for sure he's shooting blanks. It took him about a week or so to get back in the game. Look forward to your amazing new sex life. Ours has never been better since the snippy snip.

For sure make sure he's shooting blanks....  A friend of mine hubby had his tubes tied and she got pregnant a year later.   She found out later he never really checed.

poietes
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Ours did 2. About a week later and a month later. He also had to have a certain number of ejaculations durning that time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)