Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if your so has had a vasectomy.... *update!!!*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
UPDATE!!
So I got to go with and I watched. It was pretty frickin cool and I got a VERY good laugh watching him tape his dick to his stomach Lmfao and then watch 5 guys manhandle him lol

and then everyone said different things.. either 6-8 weeks for sperm count or 12 weeks. So is too eager. Lol so far so good though.. he's drugged and a bit sore but doing fine... we'll see what happens tomorrow. Thanks for all the input!!!

I have a couple questions.

Did they do a sperm count to check if it took afterwards? My so is getting his done and I brought it up and he said his doc never mentioned it.

And how long till he was back to performing?

Anything else I should know?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:03 PM
After reading thIs... I'll be carefull till he's double checked!!! We don't need another kid..we have 5 between us as is.

Quoting momalee40:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes my husband had to go back 3 months after to do a sperm count then he was suppose to go back 6 months, but since it was cleared the first time he didn't.

. My dh was cleared first time too but apparently they missed one cause im now due to deliver in 4 wks ! My OB said he has seen it many times and they should always have you come back for a 2nd check.

JC2223
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I don't remember the number we were told, but he has to have a certain number of ejaculations before they recheck, then another recheck 3 months later. We were told to continue using other protection until he was fully cleared. It took about 7 months and 3 rechecks before he was clear of any sperm. He was clear on the 2nd check but we were told he still had to wait another 3 months for the final check until they would clear him for not using another method of BC.

Sasha-
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:55 PM

We talked about mine getting it done before I found out I couldnt have anymore kids.  He was uncomfortable doing it though  said sharp objects were not allowed in manland.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:57 PM

DH had a sperm count the week after then once a year since then. No swimmers since 2007.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did they do a sperm count to check if it took afterwards? My so is getting his done and I brought it up and he said his doc never mentioned it.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Had a sperm count done at 3 months, 6 months and 1 year and 2 years.

Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Yes he had his done 6 weeks after and we were having sex about 1 week after his procedure. All clean after the sample and it's been 12 yrs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:00 PM

For 6 weeks afterward, you are supposed to use some form of protection. During that time, he has to ejaculate a certain number of times. Then, he gives a sample and they check his count. It will all be in his post op notes.

My husband had his Friday morning and worked 12 hours on Sunday.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Yippy

Quoting Anonymous:

DH had a sperm count the week after then once a year since then. No swimmers since 2007.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes they did a sperm count. Six weeks. And the ejaculate is completely different afterwards. It's even grosser.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Huh????

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes they did a sperm count. Six weeks. And the ejaculate is completely different afterwards. It's even grosser.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN