Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if your so has had a vasectomy.... *update!!!*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
UPDATE!!
So I got to go with and I watched. It was pretty frickin cool and I got a VERY good laugh watching him tape his dick to his stomach Lmfao and then watch 5 guys manhandle him lol

and then everyone said different things.. either 6-8 weeks for sperm count or 12 weeks. So is too eager. Lol so far so good though.. he's drugged and a bit sore but doing fine... we'll see what happens tomorrow. Thanks for all the input!!!

I have a couple questions.

Did they do a sperm count to check if it took afterwards? My so is getting his done and I brought it up and he said his doc never mentioned it.

And how long till he was back to performing?

Anything else I should know?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Replies (31-40):
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1. No

2. Don't remember.

3. Make sure you're completely sure you don't want anymore.

I have twins and I am 33. The kids were 7 when he got it done and Baby fever really sucks!! :( lol
I regret it now..obviously.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
my4littlegirls
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:04 PM
6weeks after the procedure all clear, ended up preggo a year later. 1 in 2500 chance of it regrowing back together. He delve loped a small leak.

I think 5 days later he was up for sex.

He had it redone and never went in for a check
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:07 PM
DH had it done after baby #3. It is awesome not worrying about it. Yes, he should go back and give a specimen about 4 months after to make sure there are no swimmers. It can take up to 6 months to have a "clean" one. He had his done on Friday and laid around w ice over the weekend and took it easy. He went back to work on Monday at his office and in the bedroom. It'll be fine!
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:07 PM
How long had it been done when you got pregnant?

I wish that would happen to me :(
Lol

Quoting momalee40:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes my husband had to go back 3 months after to do a sperm count then he was suppose to go back 6 months, but since it was cleared the first time he didn't.

. My dh was cleared first time too but apparently they missed one cause im now due to deliver in 4 wks ! My OB said he has seen it many times and they should always have you come back for a 2nd check.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:08 PM
His ejaculate (also known as cum) is different now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Huh????

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes they did a sperm count. Six weeks. And the ejaculate is completely different afterwards. It's even grosser.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this
He'll be 34 and Im 28...We have 5 kids between us.. 3 his and 2 mine. I am DONE and he was done long time ago. His youngest is 11. I have friends who have babies and I'm perfectly fine with 5 mins of baby and being able to give them back. I want nothing to do with ever being pregnant again.

Quoting twinmommy27:

1. No

2. Don't remember.

3. Make sure you're completely sure you don't want anymore.

I have twins and I am 33. The kids were 7 when he got it done and Baby fever really sucks!! :( lol

I regret it now..obviously.

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:09 PM

They checked him twice after. It took 4 months for him to be cleared of no sperm left in his skunk. He was fine and back to work 3 days later sex...not sure? I don't remember.

harehelper
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Yes, my DH's doc wanted two samples afterwards, a couple of weeks apart I think. It didn't take him long to be back to "performing" LOL. I think a week or so for all the soreness to clear up.

TariMeccico
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Dh was supposed To back to have the sperm count but he got very busy with pre deployment training lol. I am sure it's good he had it done a year ago and no babies here. 

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Please wait until he's cleared twice the people who say it only takes 6 weeks...thats crazy. My husband was checked at 9 weeks and still had a sperm count! Also I saw no difference what so ever in his cum and there shouldn't be a difference in it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)