Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if your so has had a vasectomy.... *update!!!*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
UPDATE!!
So I got to go with and I watched. It was pretty frickin cool and I got a VERY good laugh watching him tape his dick to his stomach Lmfao and then watch 5 guys manhandle him lol

and then everyone said different things.. either 6-8 weeks for sperm count or 12 weeks. So is too eager. Lol so far so good though.. he's drugged and a bit sore but doing fine... we'll see what happens tomorrow. Thanks for all the input!!!

I have a couple questions.

Did they do a sperm count to check if it took afterwards? My so is getting his done and I brought it up and he said his doc never mentioned it.

And how long till he was back to performing?

Anything else I should know?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Dh had his done by my boss.. Had it check once like about 6 months afterwards.. It was clear.. And honestly he wanted to make sure it "worked" like 24 hours after the surgery.. So i gave him a hand job..
kerrylee39
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:18 PM
They will test a couple times. Told us use 3-6 mnths of birth control. He was a huge whimp!!! He prob was fine shortly after, but there was stiches.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Simple-Beauty
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:26 PM
His count was checked at 3 months (though the other Drs in the practice did them at 2 months or 16 "emissions", whichever came first).

We waited 2 weeks to resume activity.

USE A BACK-UP BC METHOD!! I got pregnant a month after DH was snipped, sperm can stay in the tract for a while after. His count at 3 months was 0.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momalee40
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Quoting twinmommy27:

. He had the surgery in Feb, got checked in late Apri and i was preg in June. We were shocked but we are excited. We ea have 2 kids from prior relationships and had talked about having one together but due to my age decided no. Im 40, but this has been a very easy pregnancy.
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Awe, that's sweet. That baby was meant to be :)

I was hoping it was a while ago that he got it done.
Maybe my DH's will grow back. Lol

Quoting momalee40:

Quoting twinmommy27:

. He had the surgery in Feb, got checked in late Apri and i was preg in June. We were shocked but we are excited. We ea have 2 kids from prior relationships and had talked about having one together but due to my age decided no. Im 40, but this has been a very easy pregnancy.

Alliemad_3
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Yes. 3 and 6 months after.

We were having sex within a week.

Nothing else really. It was easy. Especially if your husband is aware that his balls are not the holy grail ;)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:59 PM
5 days later his balls were still bruised and we had sex. His sperm count check is in 2 weeks.
momalee40
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Quoting twinmommy27:

. Lol! Good luck if that is what you want. :) my dh's dr is sending him for another test to be sure he is clear. Im thrilled about this one, but dont want to do this again at my age. Im gonna be a grandma in August from my oldest so im done .
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Awe congratulations!

He got it done 4-5 years ago, I produce multiples so that's why we did it. I also can't take birth control or my family would hate me. Lol
I'm 33 and have 11 year old twins. I just want one more :/

Quoting momalee40:

Quoting twinmommy27:

. Lol! Good luck if that is what you want. :) my dh's dr is sending him for another test to be sure he is clear. Im thrilled about this one, but dont want to do this again at my age. Im gonna be a grandma in August from my oldest so im done .

SerenityBerry
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Yes he did get sperm counts done afterward, one three weeks after and an another at the three month mark.

I'd say it was like a week or two before he was preforming again. 

No matter what he may think ahead of time make sure that he comes strait home and rests the rest of the day, possibly with a cold pack. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN