Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm confused, why would she call herself "friend" who cared nd try to make people hate me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
I had a friend who would confide her problems with me which would in turn make me feel comfortable enough to confide in her. I told her nearly everything. Unfortunately I did not know she was telling our other 3 friends every little detail until I told her a very personal, private, embarassing thing that totally wasn't my fault because I was very upset when it happened and I was in shock.

She if course took pleasure and turned right around and told the friends we had in common.

The way I found out was because apparently this "friend" complained about me so much particularly to a certain 3 people we knew that one day I had a bad day and mentioned it on Facebook and one of these people said she had enough and just FLIPPED OUT and began chewing me out (calling me horrible things and even insulting my children) and the very personal thing was also mentioned and ridiculed. The other 2 joined in and before I knew it I was minus 4 friends and completely blind sided by the fact that people I thought were my friends actually thought I was a POS for awhile because of all the negative things this 1 "friend" told them.

Ok so the question I have is:

Why would you be friends with someone and get pleasure from spreading that person's dirty laundry in order to alienate them from everyone else? Why would you do that to someone all the while telling them you are their friend and you care about them???
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaryCimino
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:14 PM

My mother does that but she's bipolar so who knows where the logic is for her.

My honest opinion is to dump her from your life, if she can't be trusted then she isn't a real friend. I had one from high school do this to me after I left my hometown, she believed the lies my mom was spreading and chewed me out and such. I dumped her out of my life and I couldn't be happier. It's not an easy choice trust me but it's easier to have people who have your back then one who will stab it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Obviously she is not a true friend. The term "frenemy" was coined for a reason.

MizzDeeDee
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Because she isn't really your friend... and neither are the other ones either. Very simple.

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Because they're obviously not a real friend and there's something missing within themselves.

JC2223
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:18 PM

They either don't know the meaning of a "friend" or they were never really your "friend" to begin with. Either way you are better off without them.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:19 PM
My daughters dad is doing this to me spreading lies about me to people idk.......i've moved and changed my number the only contact we have is thru my mom
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Saille717
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:19 PM

That's not an actual friend.  I'm not sure why this woman kept you around, but I'd guess for the entertainment.  She'd get you to spill your guts, then run back to her other friends and they'd all get a good laugh out of it.  These are not friends, these are leaches in human form, sucking the happiness and trust out of people for their fulfillment.  Sorry you got suckered.  

FooLynRoo

Never confide in anyone you will ALWAYS be dissapointed.

supermomz25

jealousy. plain and simple. dump them all and you will feel a lot better.

MommyCirca2004
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Because (most) women are two-faced bitches and only care about themselves.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured