Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with kids who have Allergies

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

Poll

Question: If your kid is allergic....

Options:

Allergies run in my family,and I did not eat nuts or strawberries while pregnant

Allergies run in family, DID eat nuts and strawberires

NO allergies in my family, did not eat nuts or berries

NO allergies in family, DID eat nuts and/or berries

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 41

View Results

So I read somewhere that if you eat peanuts or strawberries during late pregnancy your kid could turn out to be allergic to some foods, is there any truth to it? Let's do a quick poll....

Oh and please leave a post saying what your kid is allergic to, and if you ate anything that could have triggered it.

PS if your kid is not allergic, don't vote but feel free to leave a comment!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessi19
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:48 PM

are you specifically asking about nut/strawberry allergies or allergies in general? my dd is allergic to amoxicillin....

Kenre
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:52 PM
I hate nuts and strawberries. Allergies run in my family. My son has a milk allergy. I do not understand the connection.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Food allergies in general, but Drug allergies too! Are you also allergic to amoxicillin?

Quoting jessi19:

are you specifically asking about nut/strawberry allergies or allergies in general? my dd is allergic to amoxicillin....

workoutmom2b1g
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:53 PM

No allergies in my family and thankfully my kids don't have any.

ttriddick
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:54 PM
My son is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. I craved peanut butter and honey sandwiches while pregnant. All of the allergists I've been to with him say that has nothing to do with it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. Oh and we have no food allergies in either of our families.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hellobabies
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:56 PM

My son is allergic to peanuts/tree nuts, eggs, live oak trees, and Bermuda grass. My daughter is allergic to penicillin. I don't like anything with nuts or eggs, and I didn't consume them while pregnant. The only person allergic to penicillin is my FIL. 

nikki554
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:59 PM

My middle daugher is alergic to Penicillin, sulfa, bactra and Clindamycin. Neither my husband or I are alergic. 

MommyCirca2004
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:02 PM
The only thing I have ever been allergic to is nickel. My dd is allergic to adderall, and I believe nickel as well, but otherwise there are no allergies in our family.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Smcclellan7080
by Suzanne on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:03 PM

No allergies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:07 PM
My son is allergic to cats and seasonal allergies. I'm allergic to watermelon, cats and seasonal. My mom seasonal and penicillin. My grandfather strawberries and seasonal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured