Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think their punishment should be the same? tmi

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:05 PM
  • 103 Replies
This kid in the cafeteria drew a picture of a dick and a pussy and asked ds11 and his classmate, to pick which one they wanted to be. This happened several times before my ds ripped the paper up and broke the pencil and his friend shoved the kid. All three kids are on 3 days detention. I honestly think the kid that drew the picture should be punished more and yes those inappropriate words were actually used by the other kid, according to my ds.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ideal_Lady
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Bump
Smcclellan7080
by Suzanne on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I do think the drawer's punishment should be more severe.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I think the artist should have a more severe punishment. why did ds eventually push the artist?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:32 PM
4 moms liked this
Yes the kid shouldn't have been using those words or drawing those images. However, your son had no right to push (technically assault) the kid for drawing or saying those things. So, yes your son deserves to be punished as well and you should just be glad that all he got was detention for putting his hands on another student. Your son should have just to the teacher what the other kid was saying and drawing.
Ideal_Lady
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:32 PM
DS friend pushed the other kid because he was upset.

Quoting bustybee:

I think the artist should have a more severe punishment. why did ds eventually push the artist?

JC2223
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:33 PM
2 moms liked this

They all were involved and all engaged in inappropriate behavior, they all should be punished the same. Be thankful it's only detention, in DD's school breaking other peoples property and physical shoving would be grounds for suspension.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:33 PM
They are all wrong and need to be punished. Your ds could've handled the situation without getting destructive and physical.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:34 PM
3 moms liked this

You said the key words "according to your DS"

Chances are you're not getting a completely accurate version of the story. 

Ideal_Lady
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:34 PM
My son wasn't the one who pushed him, ds friend was and his friend's mother went to the school today and her ds is no longer in detention.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes the kid shouldn't have been using those words or drawing those images. However, your son had no right to push (technically assault) the kid for drawing or saying those things. So, yes your son deserves to be punished as well and you should just be glad that all he got was detention for putting his hands on another student. Your son should have just to the teacher what the other kid was saying and drawing.
JayeC2
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

HER DS didn't push the kid, the third kid involved did.  All her DS did was rip up the paper and break the pencil....

IDK what the punishment should be.....it does seem like the "artist" started it all....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured