Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Baby wearing :) (piog)

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:48 PM
  • 28 Replies

Also, I'm in the market for a new carrier. DD is 7 months old, very active, and 16lbs. I've tried the moby, and it was okay, but I'm not comfortable wearing her any other way than the hug hold. No matter how tight I wrap it it still feels like she's going to fall over if I lean forward. I was thinking maybe a Mei Tai, but I'm not sure yet. Any advice?

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Bump

ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:53 PM
I had babyhawk mei tei that we used for a long time, until DD was around 2. It was amazing I loved it. It wasnt the easiest to tie at first but I caught on quickly and never had a problem with it. If tying isn't your thing, there's a babyhawk snap and of course the Ergo, which is very popular too. I wonder if I have any pics with the babyhawk.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Sry. I love my moby. My 11 month old loves it to, and I have no problems with it. But here's a bump for you.
annhart19
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:54 PM
I have a moby too. I used with my son. But after like 4-5 month it seems I couldn't carry him in it anymore. Do have any suggestions for me?

Quoting Hanab818:

Sry. I love my moby. My 11 month old loves it to, and I have no problems with it. But here's a bump for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterflyk1ssez
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Ergo or boba 3g :)

Pregnancy Ticker

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:00 PM
If he's front facing I make sure it crosses his chest and his arms stick out on the bottom not the top. I also make sure that under his butt the straps are fully extended and he's in as much of a seated position as possible. And after he's in I unknot and pull as tight as I can and knot again. Hope this helps. If you want a pic I can take one Tommorow for you so you can get a better idea.

Quoting annhart19:

I have a moby too. I used with my son. But after like 4-5 month it seems I couldn't carry him in it anymore. Do have any suggestions for me?

Quoting Hanab818:

mewebb82
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I love it! I have a moby and a mei tai. To me they are very similar, except that the mei tai is a little faster to put on. It did take a little while to get used to both and feel safe. I used an ergo with my daughter and it just felt more secure from the first time I put it on. Based on how you feel, I bet you would like an ergo better. 

It might also be a good idea to look for a babywearing group near you. http://babywearinginternational.org/

They have chapters all over and the one I have been to allows you to rent a carrier for a month at a time. I loved that and it is the reason I bought my mei tai. I tried out several different kinds of carriers before investing in the one that I liked best.

LadyDoja
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:02 PM
the ergo is the way to go......they are sturdy and comfy to wear....i tried the moby and mei tai as well as the baby bjorn and the ergo beat them all hands down
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeamTARDIS
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:04 PM

I always called them My-Thai like the drink. lol. OOPS!

My DH likes to carry Felix. We were given this as a hand-me-down from my SIL.

annhart19
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:04 PM
That would be great. I only rly carried him facing me. I would also love to figure out a side carry. He's 18 months and over 30 pounds now so I doubt I'll be carrying him anymore. But I am 6 months pregnant with another and am not doing the whole infant carrier going straight with a convertible so I will definitely need a carrier. Especially with a 2 and 4 year old to chase along with a new born. I only know the one hold with my moby and would love to learn more. Guessi njust need to google away lol

Quoting Hanab818:

If he's front facing I make sure it crosses his chest and his arms stick out on the bottom not the top. I also make sure that under his butt the straps are fully extended and he's in as much of a seated position as possible. And after he's in I unknot and pull as tight as I can and knot again. Hope this helps. If you want a pic I can take one Tommorow for you so you can get a better idea.

Quoting annhart19:

Quoting Hanab818:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)