Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am livid! How DARE they??

DD's TPN (IV nutrition) was stopped today due to fluid overload triggering seizures, so she will be gone in a matter of days.

My mom and sister came home from getting some of the funeral arrangements taken care of, and the first thing my sister says to me is "You better tell Hawk (my BF's nickname) not to come to Sophia's funeral. We told the funeral home that he's not allowed in."

How DARE they!? They have NO right whatsoever to tell ME who can and cannot come to MY child's funeral! No way in hell am I going to let that fly! They have overstepped one boundary too many! I don't give a flying fuck if BF's presence there upsets DD's father! Maybe I'd care about his meaningless feelings if he hadn't turned on me when I needed him most and become a verbally abusive prick! 

BF adores DD and she adores him. He has been the biggest thing keeping me sane through all of this. He has as much right to be at DD's funeral, if not more than the pricks on DD's father's side of the family. Who, by the way, have made NO effort whatsoever to see DD, then have the gall to accuse me of keeping her from them! 

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Replies (251-260):
PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:43 AM

So just because her daughter is terminal, she's not allowed any down time?  Wow.

Quoting Cbreland07:

As I said I understand her being upset but I would be spending time with my dying child not complaining on cm

Quoting finnbar:

Excuse me? This is not some guy she just met. This is a man who had stood by her thru one of the most horrific experiences a mother can endure. He loves the dying child and she loves him. Why in the world would you say it is no big deal if her closest friend is excluded? And how in the world do they expect to keep him out? I have never been carded at the entrance to a funeral

Quoting Cbreland07:

I understand you're upset but honestly whether your bf can attend your daughters funeral seems to be insignificant in the grand scheme of things

im_2_xblessed
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:44 AM
I'm svs about your DD. I'd call the funeral home and tell them
I'm the mother and Hawk will be allowed there. Regardless of the useless donor
PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Why can't they BOTH be there?  When my step father died, my mom AND his first wife (the woman he divorced to be with my mom) were at the funeral.

Quoting Litlmama87:

Regardless of how your daughters father feels about YOU, he is her father. He deserves to grieve just as much as you. Without Eagle being there, out of respect. When it's your funeral, you dictate you don't want ex there and would rather prefer Eagle, but until then, respect your daughters dad.

I'm curious as to why your sister and mother are so against your boyfriend.

Two sides to every story.

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:47 AM

So why are YOU on CM and not spending every second with your sick child?

Quoting Cbreland07:

You ppl need to calm the hell down.. You know nothing about me! Like the fact that my son is having a ct tomorrow to prep for brain surgery. No he's not dying but I do know a bit about how mothers suffer with their kids.. I'm not digging her, just stared an opinion that I wouldn't do that. What sad is you are being far more rude and hurtful than I have been.. I never said one bad thing about op.

Quoting tezell78:

And as Ashley said, Sophia was asleep in her lap.

Yeah it's fucking easy to play the shoulda coulda woulda game, but ya know, if you'd gone through what Ashley's gone through not only in Sophia's diagnosis, but the orher stuff to and when the time you have known was coming, finally gets here, and YOUR FAMILY was being anything but supportive, you might take half an hour while your baby slept in your lap and hop online to vent to your efriends, because ya know, it's funny but nobody can see the tears that fall as you type. She can fall apart and still get out what she needs to get out.

Quoting Cbreland07:

As I said I understand her being upset but I would be spending time with my dying child not complaining on cm

Quoting finnbar:

Excuse me? This is not some guy she just met. This is a man who had stood by her thru one of the most horrific experiences a mother can endure. He loves the dying child and she loves him. Why in the world would you say it is no big deal if her closest friend is excluded? And how in the world do they expect to keep him out? I have never been carded at the entrance to a funeral

Quoting Cbreland07:

I understand you're upset but honestly whether your bf can attend your daughters funeral seems to be insignificant in the grand scheme of things

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:49 AM

People die in surgery all the time.  Not much of a difference at all.  People who live in glass houses...

Quoting Cbreland07:

A ct isn't him dying.. There is a huge difference and the fact that you would even try to compare the two is idiotic. I was just making a point that I know how hard your baby going through something is on a mom which is why I can honestly say, I wouldn't be doing anything but being with my kid.

Quoting tezell78:

So it would be fair for ME to say

IF MY SON WERE HAVING A CT SCAN TOMORROW TO PREP FOR BRAIN SURGERY I'D BE SPENDING TIME WITH HIM NOT NIT PICKING THE POST OF A WOMAN WHO HAS SPENT HER CHILD'S ENTIRE LIFE ALL 13 MONTHS OF IT PREPARING THE THE INEVITABLE WHICH IS NOW FAST APPROACHING.

Thats ok for me to say to you right?

Oh it's not? Then why is it ok for you to say it to Ashley right now?

Quoting Cbreland07:

You ppl need to calm the hell down.. You know nothing about me! Like the fact that my son is having a ct tomorrow to prep for brain surgery. No he's not dying but I do know a bit about how mothers suffer with their kids.. I'm not digging her, just stared an opinion that I wouldn't do that. What sad is you are being far more rude and hurtful than I have been.. I never said one bad thing about op.

Quoting tezell78:

Yeah it's fucking easy to play the shoulda coulda woulda game, but ya know, if you'd gone through what Ashley's gone through not only in Sophia's diagnosis, but the orher stuff to and when the time you have known was coming, finally gets here, and YOUR FAMILY was being anything but supportive, you might take half an hour while your baby slept in your lap and hop online to vent to your efriends, because ya know, it's funny but nobody can see the tears that fall as you type. She can fall apart and still get out what she needs to get out.

Quoting Cbreland07:

Quoting finnbar:

Quoting Cbreland07:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:51 AM

WTF did you really just say that? You are  no better than her or anyone else speaking negatively in this thread. You don't say "people die in surgery all the time" to someone who's kid is going in for surgery. 

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

People die in surgery all the time.  Not much of a difference at all.  People who live in glass houses...

Quoting Cbreland07:

A ct isn't him dying.. There is a huge difference and the fact that you would even try to compare the two is idiotic. I was just making a point that I know how hard your baby going through something is on a mom which is why I can honestly say, I wouldn't be doing anything but being with my kid.

Quoting tezell78:

IF MY SON WERE HAVING A CT SCAN TOMORROW TO PREP FOR BRAIN SURGERY I'D BE SPENDING TIME WITH HIM NOT NIT PICKING THE POST OF A WOMAN WHO HAS SPENT HER CHILD'S ENTIRE LIFE ALL 13 MONTHS OF IT PREPARING THE THE INEVITABLE WHICH IS NOW FAST APPROACHING.

Quoting Cbreland07:

Quoting tezell78:

Quoting Cbreland07:

Quoting finnbar:

Quoting Cbreland07:

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Yeah I said it.  It is a fact.  People die in surgery.   I'm not saying that it will happen, but if my daughter was going to be having brain surgery, I would know that there are always risks in surgery.  I would definately be a basket case and wouldn't be here harassing another mom whose daughter IS dying.  

Quoting Anonymous:

WTF did you really just say that? You are  no better than her or anyone else speaking negatively in this thread. You don't say "people die in surgery all the time" to someone who's kid is going in for surgery. 

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting Cbreland07:

Quoting tezell78:

Quoting Cbreland07:

Quoting tezell78:

Quoting Cbreland07:

Quoting finnbar:

Quoting Cbreland07:

cjsix
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this

surprisedCan Everyone Please try to keep this post supportive for Ashley and Sophia?!  Ashley,came here to get her frustrations out and get some support and there are many moms here who are trying to do so ,yet others who are arguing...please stop the arguing. If you can't be nice and say something supportive for Ashley and Sophia then please be respectful enough to Back Out of the post! Thank you...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:00 AM

No one is harassing her ffs. It's also a fact tha the op has been saying her daughter will die in a few days for months now. But for some reason it's ok to spew your insensitive facts but if someone else does it then they are harassing her? I don't understand why she would post in this group of all groups anyways but that's irrelevant.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Yeah I said it.  It is a fact.  People die in surgery.   I'm not saying that it will happen, but if my daughter was going to be having brain surgery, I would know that there are always risks in surgery.  I would definately be a basket case and wouldn't be here harassing another mom whose daughter IS dying.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting Cbreland07:

Quoting tezell78:

Quoting Cbreland07:

Quoting tezell78:

Quoting Cbreland07:

Quoting finnbar:

Quoting Cbreland07:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Holy hell, I know some of you bitches are so high and mighty and so much better than everyone else on the entire planet but give this girl a break.

She deserves to vent on here, it is late, her daughter is likely asleep, matter of fact, she said she was asleep in her lap. If she wants to spend some time on here, who are any of you to tell her what she should be doing? Not a single one of you has ANY right to tell her what she should be doing or how she should be acting. Even if you have been in a similar situation, you don't know how SHE feels.

Her boyfriend is clearly an important part of her and her daughter's lives. Of course she wants him there and has every right to be upset about what her family is trying to do. Some of you are truly heartless, horrible bitches.

OP, I keep up with your posts and I cannot express how truly sorry I am for what you are going through. I hope your baby's last days are filled with lots of love and plenty of cuddles and that you can find some peace. I can't imagine how you must be feeling, but you seem to be such a strong woman. Give that baby girl lots of hugs and love for me too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)